Will this upcoming cycle be as bad as last year?

LawstudentinCanada

LawstudentinCanada

I think its safe to assume that last year was a nightmare in terms of both Covid-19 and the entire cycle for applicants. That being said, what is everyones opinion on this upcoming cycle of applicants? Are we expecting a cycle just as bad, worse, or better?

nitzy
  • Law School Admit

Based on pure speculation, I feel like it will be comparable or maybe slightly better. That being said, I am hoping others can chime in and tell me what I want to hear (namely, that it will be easier).

• Like 1

Skier41
  • Law Student

It largely depends on your application. I applied last year and although I do recognize there were way more applications and slightly better stats, I had no surprises on where I was accepted/waitlisted, and I had very average stats. I wouldn't worry about the competitiveness of the cycle, rather focus on ensuring your personal statement/application is perfect (no errors, no run-on sentences, etc.). 

• Lawyer

The next couple of cycles will be very competitive. COVID came on suddenly and not everyone had the time to apply to law schools by the deadline. I anticipate an application increase for the 2021 cycle as more people have had the time to prepare for it. 

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student

From what I saw on reddit from people like spivey consulting, they say that the next cycle is not going to be as competitive as the last cycle. This mainly comes down to the removal of the LSAT flex. Scores were inflated last year because the test was only 3 sections. It might not seem like it but adding an extra section which allows lsat to test the waters makes a massive difference. For this upcoming cycle, I think scores are going to start coming down a lot. They wont come down to pre-covid numbers, but they will certainly be lower than last years. 

Edited by MA1199
  • Like 2