Can a waitlist applicant defer for a year

LegalScholar

Hi Guys, 

I was wondering if it is allowed for waitlist students to defer for a year once they receive an acceptance to the school they were waitlisted? 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Deferrals are discretionary so you'd have to ask the particular school. Historically you needed a good reason. If you're on the waitlist and getting accepted, I'm not sure whether the school would grant your request - you were not a particularly high priority candidate for them to begin with.

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

I would highly doubt it unless you had a really good reason (not to save money/travel/whatever). 

1 hour ago, LegalScholar said:

Hi Guys, 

I was wondering if it is allowed for waitlist students to defer for a year once they receive an acceptance to the school they were waitlisted? 

No one can answer that question. But most likely no.

Thrive92
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, LegalScholar said:

Hi Guys, 

It depends on the school, but please keep in mind that many schools do not grant deferrals for a year unless it is for exceptional circumstances.