Am I the only one confused about the transcript deadlines on OLSAS?

Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

I'll copy and paste it directly from the website:

November 1, 2021 (11:59 pm ET)

Deadline for applications to first-year English programs.

Deadline for OLSAS to receive transcripts and references for first-year English applications.

Based on this, you would have to request your transcripts to be mailed to OLSAS and they must receive it before Nov 1. But apparently initiating the transcript request on or before Nov 1 satisfies this requirement (only for Ontario schools)?

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Well of course only for Ontario schools, OLSAS is only for Ontario. But I’m not seeing where they say submitting the request by November 1 is fine. Seems pretty unambiguous that your transcripts need to arrive with OLSAS by the deadline.

• Like 1

scooter
  • Law Student

Is your undergrad from an Ontario school? For Ontario undergrads, the transcript is requested directly in OLSAS. This happens when you submit your application and pay the fee, hence why they say it just has to be requested by the Nov 1 deadline. They are able to see in OLSAS when you submitted your request.

If your undergrad is from outside of Ontario, you have to use whatever external platform/process is used by your university. In this case, I would submit your transcript request ASAP to make sure it is actually received before the Nov 1 deadline.

• Like 1

Peanut Butter
5 hours ago, scooter said:

requested

The deadline on the website does not say requested. It says received.

Let's assume its an Ontario school.

scooter
  • Law Student
On 9/6/2021 at 4:43 PM, GorillasAreDelicious said:

The deadline on the website does not say requested. It says received.

"If you submit an online transcript request (as part of your application) by the stated deadline, you have satisfied the transcript deadline requirement"

Direct quote from OLSAS in the Transcripts section of the application.

• Like 1