Should I put "dear admissions committee" as the opener to my PS on OLSAS?

Peanut Butter

Thrive92
  • Applicant

You are welcome to put any phrase or sentence as the opener to your PS, but keep in mind that approaching your PS as a letter directly addressing the recipient may not be advised (unless you can craft out an insane poetry of a letter).

Don't overthink. If you sweat all of the minutiae of the applications process, you'll drive yourself insane and your applications will suffer for it. (Ask me how I know.)

Thrive92
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, Yogurt Baron said:

Don't overthink. If you sweat all of the minutiae of the applications process, you'll drive yourself insane and your applications will suffer for it. (Ask me how I know.)

How do you know?

Goblin King
  • Law Student

Really wouldn't worry about this. I doubt the salutation will even register to your readers unless you open with "listen up you useless sacks of shit."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Peanut Butter
5 hours ago, goosie said:

I did not have any salutation in my PS and I got into law school. I wouldn't waste characters on it

Good idea. I'll follow your advice.