Chances?

Timmy23

Timmy23
  • Applicant

Got my LSAT score back today (162) and am wondering what my chances for the following schools are based on my stats:

U of A and U of C - 3.74/4.0 

U of M - 4.033/4.5 (with drops)

Western - cGPA 3.5, L2 - 3.72

Queens - cGPA 3.5, B2 - 3.67

Dal - 3.8/4.30 (L2)

UNB - 3.82/4.30 (with drops)

- Non-maritime resident

Thanks in advance!

You are good for all of them.

Why is your B2 lower than L2?

Do you have some part-time or summer courses?

Timmy23
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, NowOrNever said:

You are good for all of them.

Why is your B2 lower than L2?

Do you have some part-time or summer courses?

I finished my degree in four and a half years, and my final semester was extremely strong. For L2 they count backwards starting from the final semester whereas for B2 they do not break up individual years of study, so my GPA from my final semester won't be included in the calculation unfortunately. No part-time or summer classes.

Edited by Timmy23

1 hour ago, Timmy23 said:

Got my LSAT score back today (162) and am wondering what my chances for the following schools are based on my stats:

Dal - 3.8/4.30 (L2)

UNB - 3.82/4.30 (with drops)

- Non-maritime resident

Thanks in advance!

Are your GPA etc. per OLSAS?

How come your B2 is lower than your L2?

Timmy23
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

Are your GPA etc. per OLSAS?

How come your B2 is lower than your L2?

GPA for Ontario schools has been adjusted per OLSAS, GPA for everything else is calculated according to whatever GPA scale the individual school uses.

See above for why my B2 is lower than my L2....

Thrive92
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, Timmy23 said:

You are a great candidate for these three schools. However, keep in mind that U of A completely disregards the grades that you have taken on the Spring semester of 2020 (but they do count them as meeting the L60 credit requirements).

Good luck. I cannot comment on the other schools as I am not familiar with their admissions policies or ranges.

Edited by Thrive92

Timmy23
  • Applicant
22 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

You are a great candidate for these three schools. However, keep in mind that U of A completely disregards the grades that you have taken on the Spring semester of 2020 (but they do count them as meeting the L60 credit requirements).

Good luck. I cannot comment on the other schools as I am not familiar with their admissions policies or ranges.

Wait really? I had no idea. Since I took 4 courses a few times over the course of my last 2 years, initially I was calculating using 22 courses instead of 20 (as they don't break up courses in a semester to reach the L60 threshold).... so those grades from the January semester of 2020 are just totally omitted?

Thrive92
  • Applicant
Just now, Timmy23 said:

Wait really? I had no idea. Since I took 4 courses a few times over the course of my last 2 years, initially I was calculating using 22 courses instead of 20 (as they don't break up courses in a semester to reach the L60 threshold).... so those grades from the January semester of 2020 are just totally omitted?

Yes, sadly. However, they do consider them for the counting of L60 calculations. That would mean that although the grades from that semester will not be included for GPA calculation purposes, they will be counted so that they would not go back another semester should your L60 credit courses end at that semester.

Edited by Thrive92

Timmy23
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

Yes, sadly. However, they do consider them for the counting of L60 calculations. That would mean that although the grades from that semester will not be included for GPA calculation purposes, they will be counted so that they would not go back another semester should your L60 credit courses end at that semester.

That actually helps me, it bumps my L2 GPA up to 3.78 then for U of A. Thank you so much for the info!

Thrive92
  • Applicant
Just now, Timmy23 said:

That actually helps me, it bumps my L2 GPA up to 3.78 then for U of A. Thank you so much for the info!

No problem. I'm glad I could help

timmy timmysouthpark GIF by Comedy Central LA

• LOL 1

Timmy23
  • Applicant
On 9/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, luckycharm said:

You look good for Queens and most likely Western

Somehow missed this comment lol; you think Queens even though my B2 is significantly lower than the median? (3.73)

1 hour ago, Timmy23 said:

Somehow missed this comment lol; you think Queens even though my B2 is significantly lower than the median? (3.73)

Close to 3.7