chances for any schools in canada CGPA: 3.3 LSAT: 165

jlaw25

jlaw25
  • Applicant

I also have a certificate in legal administration and an immigration consulting diploma with CPGA's of 3.77 and 3.85 respectively. I'm not sure if these count towards my application however. I also have 3+ years working in law firms and for the BC courts. Do I have a good chance of getting into school in BC or into a good school in another province? 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
Just now, jlaw25 said:

I also have a certificate in legal administration and an immigration consulting diploma with CPGA's of 3.77 and 3.85 respectively. I'm not sure if these count towards my application however.

They do not.

Just now, jlaw25 said:

Do I have a good chance of getting into school in BC or into a good school in another province? 

Define "a good school."

You are well out of the running at UBC and UVIC unless your GPA is brought down by a handful of terrible grades and you could benefit significantly from UBC's drops system.

You have a good shot (as in, more likely than not to be admitted) at TRU I believe (their "TRU Grade" calculation is bizarre so I can't say for sure).

jlaw25
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, CleanHands said:

They do not.

Define "a good school."

You are well out of the running at UBC and UVIC unless your GPA is brought down by a handful of terrible grades and you could benefit significantly from UBC's drops system.

You have a good shot (as in, more likely than not to be admitted) at TRU I believe (their "TRU Grade" calculation is bizarre so I can't say for sure).

it is brought down by a handful of bad grades, I benefit pretty well from the drop system and end up with ~3.6 as my GPA I believe.
I would define a good school as one that is well-received by employers/firms and has a reputation for having well-educated and employable students. 

Thanks for your help! 

If you're looking at a Canada-wide chances thread you may also want to provide your L2 and L3 GPAs and your GPA with the 3 and 10 lowest grades dropped. 

Also does your school use percentages for GPA? 

10 minutes ago, jlaw25 said:

I also have a certificate in legal administration and an immigration consulting diploma with CPGA's of 3.77 and 3.85 respectively. I'm not sure if these count towards my application however. I also have 3+ years working in law firms and for the BC courts. Do I have a good chance of getting into school in BC or into a good school in another province? 

What is your GPA from most recent 20 undergrad academic courses?

24 minutes ago, jlaw25 said:

L2:3.41

B3:3.45

I used the tool provided on this website to calculate the above! 

You have a shot at TRU.

Your admissions GPA is calculated using your most recent 20 undergrad academic courses (converted to TRU’s 4.33 grade scheme, if applicable).  Higher education such as a Master, PhD, Post Bac Diploma, etc. are relevant during the holistic review process by the Admissions Committee.  The typical admission GPA is at least a B+/3.33/76% (Regular category).  If your GPA is lower, you may consider applying under the Special Consideration category, if applicable.

I believe the application is open already so apply ASAP for early admissions.

Good luck!