Mastering the Online format?

fettuccinealfredo

fettuccinealfredo
  • Law Student

Sorry if this has been asked before-

It seems like it's much more difficult to take the LSAT online as opposed to in-person, since you can't annotate the page directly, and the questions are given to you one at a time. While you can still skip ahead (question-wise) does anyone have any tips for getting through the questions quickly/doing them in the right order in the online format??

For example, although I know it's best to do questions out of order, it's difficult to tell within a moment's glance what the other questions/games will look like without clicking through everything first. I'm worried that clicking through the section would be a waste of time, and I'm also worried that (with Logic Games especially) writing down all of my answers (order of variables, etc.) to use as reference on other questions will be too time-consuming as well.

All in all, I'm kind of bitter that I can't take this test on paper anytime soon lol

scooter
  • Law Student

If it was more difficult then scores would have gone down with the online format. But they didn't, they went up. I think you're overthinking this too much. Take a look at the actual interface on LSAC's LawHub, they have 2 practice tests for free that use the same interface as the real test. 

There are highlighting and underlining features which you can use on every question. There is also a feature to "cross out" wrong answers. You can also bookmark/flag difficult questions and easily come back to them later.

In terms of doing questions out of order, you can easily see where each game / reading passage starts because there is a little marker on the list of questions. You will see what I mean when you look at the practice test on lawhub. This makes it easy to check out each of the games/passage and decide which ones to do first.

For LR, do the questions in the order they are presented. They get increasingly difficult as the LR section progresses. If you get stuck, pick an answer and flag it to come back if you have time.

For logic games, you should be drawing a diagram regardless of if the test is online or on paper. There's no extra work to do it online, assuming you are diagramming each game properly.

• Like 1