Chances? 3.0 CGPA 3.7 L2. - 157 LSAT

LawstudentinCanada

Federale
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, Rashabon said:

165 LSAT is not all that high compared to a 3.0 CGPA. That's not even in splitter territory. That's "okay" LSAT score coupled with tire fire CGPA. Absent special circumstances, people that flirt with a 2 before the decimal should be striving for 170+.

I agree with a 165 not being that high compared to a 3.0 but thats just cause one year + a semester really tanked me, everything else is solid. The part about a 165/91st percentile being an okay score, especially for Canadian schools is just a stupid comment. A 165 and a 3.6 CGPA can get you in pretty much every school in the country save UoT and McGill.

Edited by Federale

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Who said anything about a 3.6 CGPA? yeah no shit if you are a median candidate you’ve got a good chance at most middle tier schools.

A 165 is just over the mean/median at Western.

In any event, learn to read in context. I put quotes around “okay” because while a 165 is a fine score in general, compared to a 3.0 it is not. At that territory it is, as I said, “okay”.

Also if 165 was better than okay maybe you would be somewhere other than the reject pile? Clearly wasn’t enough to offset the grades, like I said. Not even really sure what your argument is at this point.

• LOL 1

Federale
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, Rashabon said:

Who said anything about a 3.6 CGPA? yeah no shit if you are a median candidate you’ve got a good chance at most middle tier schools.

A 165 is just over the mean/median at Western.

In any event, learn to read in context. I put quotes around “okay” because while a 165 is a fine score in general, compared to a 3.0 it is not. At that territory it is, as I said, “okay”.

Also if 165 was better than okay maybe you would be somewhere other than the reject pile? Clearly wasn’t enough to offset the grades, like I said. Not even really sure what your argument is at this point.

Point was the 165 is not an "okay score" because it can get you in pretty much every school in the country with a decent, but not exceptional GPA, so not sure where you pulled that from. Not gonna argue on a forum with a middle-aged lawyer about admission stats anyways. Don't you have some actual work to do besides spending your times making useless comments on a forum site? Bum 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Lmao. Think that’s a bingo.

no you’re right, 165 is a fantastic score. That’s why you’re *checks notes* rejected from every school you applied to.

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
29 minutes ago, Federale said:

Point was the 165 is not an "okay score" because it can get you in pretty much every school in the country with a decent, but not exceptional GPA, so not sure where you pulled that from. Not gonna argue on a forum with a middle-aged lawyer about admission stats anyways. Don't you have some actual work to do besides spending your times making useless comments on a forum site? Bum 

What is it with all the applicants lately talking shit about actual lawyers posting here? I mean it was always a thing on this site and the last but it wasn't always literally a daily thing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
35 minutes ago, Federale said:

don't hate me for this one but... i think i wanna be a middle-aged lawyer one day 

• Like 3
  • Nom! 1

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Dee said:

don't hate me for this one but... i think i wanna be a middle-aged lawyer one day 

Not acceptable. Everyone knows you have to leave the practice and pursue tangential opportunities before you can be labelled as a dreaded “middle-aged lawyer”

• Nom! 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
Just now, ClarkGriswold said:

Not acceptable. Everyone knows you have to leave the practice and pursue tangential opportunities before you can be labelled as a dreaded “middle-aged lawyer”

What about those of us who are pushing middle age already by the time we graduate law school?

• LOL 2

ClarkGriswold
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, CleanHands said:

What about those of us who are pushing middle age already by the time we graduate law school?

You’re doomed! You have no opportunity to practice before Federale rejects your input because of your age.

1 hour ago, CleanHands said:

What is it with all the applicants lately talking shit about actual lawyers posting here? I mean it was always a thing on this site and the last but it wasn't always literally a daily thing.

Apparently, lawyers should be too important to spend time here. Which is another way of saying that more and more applicants will take whatever they can get for free, but when they have experience to share, they’ll be above paying it forward by answering questions. 

• Like 1

Kobe
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, realpseudonym said:

Apparently, lawyers should be too important to spend time here. Which is another way of saying that more and more applicants will take whatever they can get for free, but when they have experience to share, they’ll be above paying it forward by answering questions. 

I am pretty thankful this exist and actual lawyers give advice, I know literally 0 lawyers in real life. As a first generation professional this type of thing is invaluable. 

• Like 8

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
8 minutes ago, Kobe said:

I am pretty thankful this exist and actual lawyers give advice, I know literally 0 lawyers in real life. As a first generation professional this type of thing is invaluable. 

first gen <3

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LawstudentinCanada said:

so what Im getting is I need a 170+ to get accepted? 

I am confused now.

I would recommend going into some of the school subforums and downloading the Accepted files from previous admission cycles. Those should give you a reasonable sample size of who is getting into XYZ school. At the end of the day, better stats always help

شخص غريب
On 10/30/2021 at 9:56 AM, QMT20 said:

I had a high 3.8 L2/B2, a 3.22 CGPA, and a 167 LSAT when I applied a few years ago, and I didn't hear back from Queen's or Western until late April. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, LawstudentinCanada said:

Did you end up getting accepted at Queen's?

• 2 weeks later...
lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit
On 9/30/2021 at 1:48 PM, LawstudentinCanada said:

What are your honest opinions?

I know my cgpa is poor. Id like to think some of my ECs were good and last year I applied with the same stats and a 151 lsat and got waitlisted at Windsor while still in school. So idk if that is valuable information. I also didn't hear back from Osgoode or Queens until really late in the cycle. 

My lsat is for NOV and i am really trying to get to a 160 but right now timed im scoring a 157, so do you think ive got a chance to be admitted this year? 

If you dont mind me asking - did you PS focus on the community and social justice for Windsor. It is my #1 school, and I have a cgpa of 3.4 and last 2 of 3.6. I also mentioned which my gpa is low (my best friend committed suicide). Really focused on social justice becuase of my personal experience. and I believe I have very story LRs. My LSAT score is 153, but re-took again this weekend and hoping a 160+. 

also when were you waitlisted?

Thank you! 

livitup1233
  • Applicant

Hey just wanted to say, I have the same cGPA and L2 but my LSAT is 162, I didnt get into Queens or Ottawa last year, I got waitlisted at Western and then didnt get in

• 2 weeks later...
tiktok
  • Law Student

Your GPA is low. Ryerson only considers your best 20 single-semester courses. You should try there with an LSAT under 160. You should also apply to Windsor and Lakehead. I heard Osgoode is hollistic too. 

Edited by tiktok
  • Like 1