does allard look at your 4th year grades?

icecream00
  • Applicant

Hi!

I am currently in my 4th year (final year) at UBC and I have started my application for allard recently. I was under the impression that Allard is on rolling admissions and they also look at your 4th year grades when evaluating your cGPA and LSAT for admission. However, I saw on a post that they only look at your cgpa up till 3rd year? I thought this case was only for students who are applying in their 3rd year. Could someone clarify this for me as I am now lost.

Edited by icecream00

meandtheboys
  • Law Student

If you apply in your 4th year they only look at your grades up till 3rd year.

If you apply in your 3rd year they only look at your grades up till 2nd year.

icecream00
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, meandtheboys said:

If you apply in your 4th year they only look at your grades up till 3rd year.

If you apply in your 3rd year they only look at your grades up till 2nd year.

Ohhh thank you! So as I am applying in my 4th year, the rule that UBC drops 12 of my worse credits apply to my grades up till 3rd year, correct?

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit
7 minutes ago, icecream00 said:

Ohhh thank you! So as I am applying in my 4th year, the rule that UBC drops 12 of my worse credits apply to my grades up till 3rd year, correct?

Yes. 

Philosophy
  • Law Student

Hey icecream00, 

For Allard, if you are in your fourth year, they will drop the lowest 12 credits.

However, if you are in your third year, then they will only drop lowest 6 credits.

Source:

"All courses completed towards an undergraduate degree will be considered for admission. Courses in progress, during the final year of an undergraduate program, will not be used in the calculation of the admission GPA. For applicants currently in their fourth year of a four-year undergraduate degree, the lowest 12 credits (equivalent to four UBC term/semester courses or two year-long courses) will be eliminated from the calculation of the admission GPA. For applicants in the third year of an undergraduate degree program at the time of application, the lowest 6 credits (equivalent to two UBC term/semester courses or one year-long course) will be eliminated from the calculation of the admission GPA."

http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/vancouver/index.cfm?tree=12,207,358,326