Has anyone currently in Allard ever heard or met someone who got in with low cGPA (in my case, 74.1%)

oceans8
  • Applicant

I got a 175 on my LSAT but after scrolling through the previous stats around the forum, I don't think I've ever seen a cGPA lower than mine lol

I've started my application but I'm wondering if theres even a point bcs my index score is also pretty low. I'll still apply though since the LSAT costed a lot of money so it would be a waste haha but i'm kind of down not gonna lie 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

I got in with a 173 and a sub-3.0 cGPA per OLSAS (granted I had medical documentation for a year or two of bad grades and then around 3.7 for the rest of my undergrad once that was addressed).

Were your grades mediocre across the board or did you have outlier bad grades bringing your average down? UBC's drop system will help you a lot if it's the latter.

oceans8
  • Applicant
9 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

I got in with a 173 and a sub-3.0 cGPA per OLSAS (granted I had medical documentation for a year or two of bad grades and then around 3.7 for the rest of my undergrad once that was addressed).

Were your grades mediocre across the board or did you have outlier bad grades bringing your average down? UBC's drop system will help you a lot if it's the latter.

That’s my cGPA after the 12 credit drop lol it’s pretty pathetic. My first year grades are the ones that mainly bring it down; I originally went to UOFT for my first year before transferring to ubc  and my extreme homesickness did NOT help with my studies haha 

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
1 minute ago, oceans8 said:

That’s my cGPA after the 12 credit drop lol it’s pretty pathetic. My first year grades are the ones that mainly bring it down; I originally went to UOFT for my first year before transferring to ubc  and my extreme homesickness did NOT help with my studies haha 

Ah, that's a shame. Buddy of mine got in with a 172 and a cGPA almost as bad as mine though, with no special circumstances/access claim. And this was back when admissions was straight index and I figure the change to weigh the personal statement more can only help you. I don't think it would be a waste of money to apply at least.

• Like 1

oceans8
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

Ah, that's a shame. Buddy of mine got in with a 172 and a cGPA almost as bad as mine though, with no special circumstances/access claim. And this was back when admissions was straight index and I figure the change to weigh the personal statement more can only help you. I don't think it would be a waste of money to apply at least.

What was your friends cGPA when they applied if you don’t mind me asking? And could I ask what year this was? 

oceans8
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Psychometronic said:

Your stats are close enough that you have a shot, if not waitlisted. 

better write a show-stopping personal statement i guess haha