ACCEPTED 2022

law7986889
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

• 2 weeks later...
Vegantoady
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! 🤩

Have already accepted and paid my deposit, haha!

164 LSAT and ~3.9 L2 (on 4.0 scale)

Currently finishing 4th year of BSc at UAlberta - Alberta applicant with no Atlantic ties.

I received notice via email, then a few hours later I saw my acceptance reflected online, as well.

Edited by Vegantoady
added info
  • Like 3

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit
55 minutes ago, Vegantoady said:

Accepted today! 🤩

Will almost 100% be accepting!

164 LSAT and ~3.9 L2 (on 4.0 scale)

Currently finishing 4th year of BSc at UAlberta - Alberta applicant with no Atlantic ties.

Congratulations!!! When were you emailed that your application was complete and under review?

Vegantoady
  • Law School Admit
5 minutes ago, legalkoala said:

Congratulations!!! When were you emailed that your application was complete and under review?

Thank you so much, I am so excited!

I received my email at 12:39 pm MST today! At first my online application didn't show any change, but a few hours later it showed my acceptance as well. 🙂

I did not ever receive an email that my application was complete and under review!

Edited by Vegantoady
added info
  • Like 1

lberrit98
  • Applicant
On 11/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, aussie98 said:

Also received an acceptance via email 🙂 ontario resident, master's student. applied sept 27th, notified application complete and under review on oct 18th. 

LSAT: 166

GPA used 1 year of master's courses towards calculations, self-calculated likely around 3.8-9/4.0

Congrats! Did you have to request to use a year of masters courses towards your GPA calculations or was that automatically done?

6 minutes ago, Vegantoady said:

Thank you so much, I am so excited!

I received my email at 12:39 pm MST today! At first my online application didn't show any change, but a few hours later it showed my acceptance as well. 🙂

I did not ever receive an email that my application was complete and under review!

Ah Congrats!!! May I ask when you submitted your complete application? 

Beauregard
  • Applicant

Accepted today! Very excited.  

Nova Scotia applicant.

cGPA 3.3, L2 3.7, Masters 4.2

LSAT 165

Applied late September, file complete mid-October. 

• Like 1

lberrit98
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, Beauregard said:

Accepted today! Very excited.  

Nova Scotia applicant.

cGPA 3.3, L2 3.7, Masters 4.2

LSAT 165

Applied late September, file complete mid-October. 

Congrats!! Can I ask if they used your GPA from masters?

Beauregard
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, lberrit98 said:

Congrats!! Can I ask if they used your GPA from masters?

Thank you! I believe they do but I’m not sure exactly how. I think their exact formula for calculating GPA is internal. 

Vegantoady
  • Law School Admit
19 minutes ago, 1298 said:

Ah Congrats!!! May I ask when you submitted your complete application? 

Thank you so much!

I submitted my application Sept 6, and had everything in but my references by Sept 27. My application appeared complete as of Dec 10 when my second referee was added as received 🙂

Edited by Vegantoady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit
4 hours ago, Beauregard said:

Thank you! I believe they do but I’m not sure exactly how. I think their exact formula for calculating GPA is internal. 

They do your L2 or CGPA. Whatever is higher. You can use whatsmygpa.ca, find Dalhousie. Enter your grades as they would be on your home uni scale. For instance if your school uses % then use the % scale and so on. Then it will automatically convert it to a 4.3 scale. Make sure that you test your L2 and your CGPA to see which way is  higher. 

Beauregard
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, theroaringbadger said:

They do your L2 or CGPA. Whatever is higher. You can use whatsmygpa.ca, find Dalhousie. Enter your grades as they would be on your home uni scale. For instance if your school uses % then use the % scale and so on. Then it will automatically convert it to a 4.3 scale. Make sure that you test your L2 and your CGPA to see which way is  higher. 

I know for certain they factor in Masters GPA but they don’t say how. 

aussie98
  • Applicant
On 1/18/2022 at 6:54 PM, lberrit98 said:

Congrats! Did you have to request to use a year of masters courses towards your GPA calculations or was that automatically done?

thank you! no, they calculate it automatically

babooshka
  • Law School Admit

Just received the email! 

164 LSAT, 4.11/4.33 cGPA, non-NS resident, 6 years work experience in community/arts organizing. 

Congrats all!

• Like 2

So excited! Just received my first acceptance (through email). My last required document was received at the beginning of December. Will most likely be accepting!! 

CGPA: 3.96/4.3 LSAT: 168, various long-term ECs, a federal graduate research grant, masters degree. 

congrats to all & best of luck to those still waiting to hear back - you’ve got this! 

• Like 3

tlf
  • Law School Admit

First acceptance of this cycle and could not be happier! Received the email this afternoon.

CGPA: 3.83/4.3

LSAT: 162 

Ontario resident & nothing special in terms of EC's (volunteer work throughout my undergrad). My file was complete mid-November I believe.

Congrats to everyone else who heard back today!!! Good luck to those still waiting, it will come!

• Like 4

RWC
  • Law Student

Accepted back in December

cGPA: 3.96 on a 4.0 scale (L2 around the same/a bit higher) LSAT: 162

Currently in an MSc, average to fairly strong ECs (I think)

Ontario resident

Best of luck to everyone 🙂 

• Like 1

nitzy
  • Law School Admit

In shock. 

Accepted via email this morning, my online portal has never stated 'under review' and application was complete in early December for those of you who might be worried because it doesn't seem to be changing. 

cGPA 3.83 (OLSAS)

L2/B2 3.98/4

LSAT 161 (only write)

No Maritimes connection. 

Edited by nitzy
  • Like 4

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Accepted this morning! Excited and grateful, but will be declining as I am a BC resident and have been accepted to a school in my home province.

LSAT - 166 

CGPA (OLSAS) - 3.6 

B2/L2 - 3.9 

No maritime connection. Nothing extraordinary in my PS, but talked about my interest in health law. 

• Like 2

SunandSaltSpray
  • Law School Admit

Got the email this morning.

LSAT: 164

GPA: 4.0/4.33

No Maritime connection. Talked about my experiences as a queer and trans person living with mental illness in my cover letter which relates to my interest in health and administrative law.

• Like 1

HopefulStudy
  • Applicant

Accepted via email this morning!

LSAT: 172

cGPA: ~3.73

I do have a maritime connection, but there is a good chance I will be declining.

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email this morning! 

166 LSAT

3.64 CGPA

Probably won't be accepting since I got into my first choice already 🙂 

Good luck to everyone waiting 

Edited by sjwmk
  • Like 1

Nines
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning via email! 

CGPA: 3.3ish 

L2: 3.72 

LSAT: 166 

ECs: varsity athlete, academic mentorship, councils and clubs at school, great marketing job this summer at a startup 

lawschoolapplicant77
  • Applicant

First acceptance, just got the email about 10 minutes ago!

160 LSAT 

L2: 3.87 

CGPA: 3.65

Currently in my last semester of my undergrad, full time work experience in recruiting & staffing, undergrad volunteering.

Out of province applicant.

Good luck to those still waiting!

• Like 3