CGPA: 3.4, L2: 3.7 LSAT: 154 (Ottawa, Queens, Western, Osgoode)

throwawaybean

throwawaybean
  • Applicant

Hello! The november LSAT has completely devastated me. I was hoping to get anything north of 160+ since I'd been PT'ing around 162, 161, but sadly that has not happened. 

Therefore I ask your advice, realistically I don't believe I currently have a shot at any of these schools. In addition I've applied to Calgary, Alberta, as well as UVic. I've applied as an access applicant to Ottawa due to personal reasons, however even with the access category I can't see myself getting in.

How screwed would I be if I wrote the January LSAT? In addition, on OLSAS I only listed the November LSAT, if I were to do the January one, would I have to contact every single school or would they see the additional score sometime around February? (Since I don't think I'll get any offers before then)

Thanks all!

Archaeolaw
  • Law Student

I definitely think taking the January LSAT is the way to go. I think that once you register for it, you just have to go on OLSAS and check off the Jan LSAT under "future LSAT test dates" (just click LSAT and then click edit).

If you can get 160+ it will improve your chances significantly. Ottawa usually looks for 3.7 gpa, but with a 160+ and an access claim, who knows. Good luck!

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

UofT just posted on its blog that the adcom will automatically see your score from LSAC with update on OLSAS. I guess that applies across the board.

You're not going to be hurt by rewriting in January since your GPA is borderline at Queens, Western, Oz and UA. Without getting close to 160, you'll likely be waitlisted in March. Depending on how competitive this cycle might be, you may come off the list or not. Remember even getting a 158 or 159 will make a lot of change. 

Also I think your chance for UVic is slim. Their LSAT median is 89 percentile (mid 160s), but with your cGPA, you're looking for a 170+ score. You can gauge your odds with the index number.