C46 - Criminal Code of CANADA

NewName

Hi, guys. I am a law lover. When I read the C46, I have been confused by the some upper case letters. For example, I do not know what do the letters stand for, such as A.B. and C.D. in FORM 1, E.F. in FORM 16, M.N. and X.Y. in FORM 31 and X.Y in FORM 41? If someone knows the abbreviations, please let me know them. Thank you for your knowledge. Meanwhile, if the forum allows me to attach the related pages of the C46, the pages of the FORMS can be seen or downloaded.

Albert

FORM 1 - A.B.+C.D..pdf FORM 16 - E.F..pdf FORM 31 - M.N.and X.Y..pdf FORM 41 - G.H..pdf

GGrievous
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, albertleeabc said:

Hi, guys. I am a law lover.

I have no info but I thought this was cute. 

Vizslaw
  • Lawyer

The abbreviations are just placeholders for the name(s) to be inserted into the forms.

For example, A.B. in Form 1 would be the name of the officer swearing the Information to Obtain (i.e. Detective Constable Lou Tenant) and C.D. would be the name of the accused or person's residence (i.e. Gilles Tea) where the warrant is to be executed. 

X.Y and M.N. in Form 31 would be the names of witnesses who are being deposed (i.e. Hugh Dunnit). 

C.D in Form 41 is the name of the accused, and G.H. is the name of a juror (i.e., Ms. Trial). 

• Like 3

General warning, OP. We can't give advice here. If you are building up to more substantive questions about your circumstances, you need to retain a lawyer offline. Posting your personal stuff online is a very very bad idea.

Any queries regarding legal advice will be locked and/or removed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vizslaw said:

The abbreviations are just placeholders for the name(s) to be inserted into the forms.

For example, A.B. in Form 1 would be the name of the officer swearing the Information to Obtain (i.e. Detective Constable Lou Tenant) and C.D. would be the name of the accused or person's residence (i.e. Gilles Tea) where the warrant is to be executed. 

X.Y and M.N. in Form 31 would be the names of witnesses who are being deposed (i.e. Hugh Dunnit). 

C.D in Form 41 is the name of the accused, and G.H. is the name of a juror (i.e., Ms. Trial). 

Thank you so much. I'll consider them as I review the real cases. I'll appreciate your help.

Vizslaw
  • Lawyer
On 6/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, Hegdis said:

General warning, OP. We can't give advice here. If you are building up to more substantive questions about your circumstances, you need to retain a lawyer offline. Posting your personal stuff online is a very very bad idea.

Any queries regarding legal advice will be locked and/or removed.

Ugh we should delete this whole thread, I feel like I wasted some good name/puns. 

On 6/11/2021 at 5:36 PM, Vizslaw said:

I do not know how to delete the topic. I am trying to delete the topic. 

2 hours ago, albertleeabc said:

You can't. If you've got your answers I can lock it, though.

• Ryn locked this topic