What’s the student culture like at dal?

Bottlebottle

• 1 month later...
It_Depends
  • Law Student

I would say the culture is collegial for sure. Ultimately though, its not entirely different than undergrad. People will form small groups of like minded peers/interests. There were a lot more K-JD students than I had anticipated would be going to law school. You'll find where you fit. If you decide to go to Dal (this prob applies anywhere), I wouldn't miss out on early opportunities to meet people. I often hear students say they met their current friends during Weldon Days (usually held in person in March for incoming students) or during Orientation Week (first week in Sept). Then the next place where people really connect is in their 1L section (class divided into 3 sections of approx 60 ppl) who you do all of your 1L classes with. 

The city is actually quite nice. The great thing about Dal is that it is in the heart of Halifax and you'll likely live within a couple kms of the school. Very walkable and getting much better with bike lanes. Anything you would want/need all within a couple km radious - from Spring Garden Road, downtown, grocery stores, restaurants, university, etc.  You get the idea.

Edited by It_Depends
  • Like 2