What are the chances Fall 2022 will be online/in person?

bruh

bruh
  • Law Student

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to make some decisions re: whether to move near campus or continue online learning out of province for next fall/2022-2023 school year because my lease is up for renewal soon. What are your thoughts on whether universities will continue to provide bi-modal (online and in person classes) or whether they'll shift to completely in person come the fall of 2022?

I'd appreciate some thoughts!

UofT and Osgoode just announced that they’ll be back in person on February 7th and most classes are in person only. 

So I would assume the chances are pretty high.

• Like 1

ccq35
  • Law Student

Hard to predict anything this far in advance. McGill appears committed to the idea of in-person classes; we go back on Monday after a few weeks of online lectures. I’m guessing that the school will continue to mandate in-person classes in the fall, with some hybrid accommodations (recorded lectures, synchronous Zoom streaming, etc.) as necessary, or at individual instructors’ discretion. 

Perhaps interesting to note that a small segment of the student body is actively organizing “strikes” (refusing to attend in-person classes next week), pushing for professors to institute hybrid models, etc. How are things looking at other schools?

Edited by ccq35