Chance Me?

hopefullawstudent

hopefullawstudent
  • Applicant

OLSAS - B23.53 

LSAT - 160 and I took it again. 

I feel as though I have no shot with my B2 being so low. 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Unfortunately, with your current stats, you're unlikely to be admitted. You'll need at least 165 on the LSAT to compensate for that B2. Fingers crossed for your retake. 

I saw your L2 is 3.83 in your Dal post. How come your B2 is lower than your L2? 

Edited by LordBONSAI

hopefullawstudent
  • Applicant

Ahh bummer. Really disappointing to hear but thanks for letting me know. I felt pretty good about the LSAT so hopefully I can bump it up near or into that range. And after discussing with the admissions office, in my best two years I need to have taken 4/5 courses. In my final year I took 3, 3, and 4! I was hoping they would count that year as my B2 would’ve been 3.72 if that were the case as I increased my GPA yearly. At Dal, they use the last two years so my final year counted towards my L2 assessment!! So it was 3.83/4.3.

Edited by hopefullawstudent

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
36 minutes ago, hopefullawstudent said:

Ahh bummer. Really disappointing to hear but thanks for letting me know. I felt pretty good about the LSAT so hopefully I can bump it up near or into that range. And after discussing with the admissions office, in my best two years I need to have taken 4/5 courses. In my final year I took 3, 3, and 4! I was hoping they would count that year as my B2 would’ve been 3.72 if that were the case as I increased my GPA yearly. At Dal, they use the last two years so my final year counted towards my L2 assessment!! So it was 3.83/4.3.

Ohh, that's really sad. Did you apply to anywhere besides Dal and Queen's. I think you've a good shot at Western with your L2.

Edited by LordBONSAI

hopefullawstudent
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

Ohh, that's really sad. Did you apply to anywhere besides Dal and Queen's. I think you've a good shot at Western with your B2. 

I talked to the Queens admissions office and they said they do account for upward trajectory in their assessment! So I have a little hop! And I applied to Ryerson, Ottawa, Western, and York! Dal/Queens are top two!!

Edited by hopefullawstudent
  • Like 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

I have exact same queens stats as well. And yes, they do count an upward trajectory. I wouldn't say you're unlikely to be admitted. Fingers crossed for both of us!

hopefullawstudent
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, uoftearsalumna said:

I have exact same queens stats as well. And yes, they do count an upward trajectory. I wouldn't say you're unlikely to be admitted. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I hope we both get in! Got my LSAT back and it’s a 162 to now, so we’ll see. Fingers are crossed. Good luck!