Rejected 2022

lawyerpk

• 2 weeks later...
Maxpowers007
  • Applicant

Rejected - Feb 8.

GPA - mid 2 range (applied access, mature student, completed 3-year degree 8 years ago, worked 40-hour weeks through school the first time around, plus was primary caregiver to a sibling with cerebral palsy, came back September 2021 to upgrade to 4-year hons spec and raise stats).

LSAT - 163

Volunteer work - around 5 years worth at this point, especially tough as a full-time worker (amazed at people working full-time + volunteering a bunch)

Other - paralegal license, obtained in 2017, maintained but stopped applying for jobs at start of 2020 (probably applied to 150 law clerk gigs, got 3 interviews in 3 years, moved on)

Was rejected June 15 last year, so they expedited my rejection this year.

2 minutes ago, Maxpowers007 said:

Rejected - Feb 8.

GPA - mid 2 range (applied access, mature student, completed 3-year degree 8 years ago, worked 40-hour weeks through school the first time around, plus was primary caregiver to a sibling with cerebral palsy, came back September 2021 to upgrade to 4-year hons spec and raise stats).

LSAT - 163

Volunteer work - around 5 years worth at this point, especially tough as a full-time worker (amazed at people working full-time + volunteering a bunch)

Other - paralegal license, obtained in 2017, maintained but stopped applying for jobs at start of 2020 (probably applied to 150 law clerk gigs, got 3 interviews in 3 years, moved on)

Was rejected June 15 last year, so they expedited my rejection this year.

Did you apply to Ottawa and Western?

Your chances are much higher there in mature category.

Maxpowers007
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, NowOrNever said:

Did you apply to Ottawa and Western?

Your chances are much higher there in mature category.

Yeah I did. We'll see what they say.

3 minutes ago, Maxpowers007 said:

Yeah I did. We'll see what they say.

You have a good shot with 163 LSAT there in mature category.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit

Rejected February 18: 

163 highest LSAT Jan 2022; 3.75 L2; 3.21 cGPA. 
- 3rd time applying. BC applicant 
- Volunteer for youth at risk, special olympics, red cross, basketball coach, womens shelter, big sisters, local temples. 
- Worked as supervisor at rec centre for aquatics department, first aid instructor, police dispatcher, current court clerk

- ECs: racing, basketball, soccer, travel etc 

Very disappointed I was not at least waitlisted, hopefully I have better luck at other schools

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, Justiceharvey10 said:

Rejected February 18: 

- Volunteer for youth at risk, special olympics, red cross, basketball coach, womens shelter, big sisters, local temples. 
- Worked as supervisor at rec centre for aquatics department, first aid instructor, police dispatcher, current court clerk

Very disappointed I was not at least waitlisted, hopefully I have better luck at other schools

You'll get into better schools so I wouldn't worry. Windsor has rejected people that got into U of T in the past, so it can be a hit and miss there. With those stats and extracurriculars you will get offers. 

Greenjuice
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, Justiceharvey10 said:

Rejected February 18: 

Hey! I got accepted to Ottawa with a 3.2 and 161. Hope that gives you some hope! Not sure if you have applied there but there is hope for us 3.2x range folks.

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

You'll get into better schools so I wouldn't worry. Windsor has rejected people that got into U of T in the past, so it can be a hit and miss there. With those stats and extracurriculars you will get offers. 

I sure hope so.. Thank you so much for the encouragement! Truly appreciate it 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Greenjuice said:

Hey! I got accepted to Ottawa with a 3.2 and 161. Hope that gives you some hope! Not sure if you have applied there but there is hope for us 3.2x range folks.

Nice, congrats!! When did you get accepted if you dont mind me asking? I really hope I get in somewhere! 

7 hours ago, Justiceharvey10 said:

Rejected February 18: 

Did you apply to TRU?

I think TRU is a better option than Windsor for BC applicants.

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

Did you apply to TRU?

I think TRU is a better option than Windsor for BC applicants.

I did, havent heard back yet!

Greenjuice
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, Justiceharvey10 said:

I sure hope so.. Thank you so much for the encouragement! Truly appreciate it 🙂 

Nice, congrats!! When did you get accepted if you dont mind me asking? I really hope I get in somewhere! 

I just got in last Wednesday! I was really surprised to hear back this early. There are many months left! Keep us posted.

Edited by Greenjuice
correction

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, NowOrNever said:

You will be in.

Good luck!

Lets hope so! Thank you for the support, really appreciate it!!

22 hours ago, Greenjuice said:

I just got in last Wednesday! I was really surprised to hear back this early. There are many months left! Keep us posted.

Really hope so, thank you! And congrats again!

Justiceharvey10
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, Radiant.Energy said:

Apologies if this might come off as silly but where do the rejection letters sit?

I got mine via email.

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Rejected yesterday around 5PM PST

LSAT - 156 (highest)

CGPA 3.01, I don't know last two, I have  bit of a complicated transcript

Fourth year applying and last. I worked full time throughout undergrad and have been out of school the past five years working full time as well. My stats definitely don't help but hoped for a holistic look at my background. Just having a pity party for myself today. After being rejected by so many schools year after year, it wears you down. Wishing everyone the best!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 16

cmoney
  • Law School Admit
21 minutes ago, eloise142 said:

LSAT - 156 (highest)

Fourth year applying and last. I worked full time throughout undergrad and have been out of school the past five years working full time as well. My stats definitely don't help but hoped for a holistic look at my background. Just having a pity party for myself today. After being rejected by so many schools year after year, it wears you down. Wishing everyone the best!

Sending you lots of positive vibes!!! 

• Like 2

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student
23 minutes ago, eloise142 said:

LSAT - 156 (highest)

Sending you love and positivity as well! The process can be so draining but it’s so important to remember that the decisions of these schools don’t define you. You’ll be successful in whatever you choose to do. Best of luck! 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
frenchvanilla

Rejected today - April 12th 

LSAT 158, cGpa 3.1. Not the greatest stats or EC’s but 3 years work experience at big law firms in Toronto

• Sad 1

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, frenchvanilla said:

Rejected today - April 12th 

LSAT 158, cGpa 3.1. Not the greatest stats or EC’s but 3 years work experience at big law firms in Toronto

Sorry to hear:( when we’re you referred to adcomm? And did you get an email? 

frenchvanilla
14 hours ago, Green123 said:

Sorry to hear:( when we’re you referred to adcomm? And did you get an email? 

It’s ok! I believe I was referred early February, not sure the exact date. I was previously waitlisted (no email, just happened to check portal and saw) and then yesterday I checked again and it said “not admitted”. A few hours later they sent me the rejection email. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hopeful1234
  • Applicant

Rejected today

153 lsat and 3.6 gpa with mainly school volunteering. 

referred around a month ago 

Pacha
  • Applicant

Reject this morning

lsat 157

cgpa mid2.x

L2: mid 3.x

16 years work experience