I am freaking out, any words of encouragements

Helpmeplease

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

I looked at this cycle's data points on the forum. Out of 49 admitted students in first two rounds, 6 are splitters/reverse splitters. Last year the ratio was 6/68. 

There's a reasonable degree of self selection/sampling bias of these data points and several people only reported their cGPA rather than B3, so I'm cautious with my findings. We'll see the big picture in March.

What definition of splitter did you use?

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer
5 hours ago, owl12 said:

Um wut? OP is below the cGPA median for Osgoode, UBC, Ottawa, and Victoria, below the B3 median for Toronto, below the B2 median for Queens, Alberta, Calgary, and Western. They’re LSAT is pretty good, but below the median for at least Toronto.

I’d be surprised if they don’t get into at least some of the schools they apply to, but as a splitter, I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that they’re likely to get into all of them. 

With a 165 OP should get into most schools. I agree it would be split based on the 160 LSAT. 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
41 minutes ago, VitalGiraffe said:

What definition of splitter did you use?

below 25% GPA + above 75% LSAT (based on last cycle's stats)

Edited by LordBONSAI

owl12
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, TheLawyer said:

With a 165 OP should get into most schools. I agree it would be split based on the 160 LSAT. 

No, it’s a split based on 165 as well. They are generally below the median for GPA, and above for LSAT. Hence, splitter. 

• Like 1

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
On 2/9/2022 at 10:45 AM, NowOrNever said:

Boris has a 164 LSAT score.

158 is a little bit tough.

Yeah, that's fair.

• Like 1

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, LordBONSAI said:

below 25% GPA + above 75% LSAT (based on last cycle's stats)

U of T only publishes medians.