Wave prediction? waitlist/rejection timeline?

knowingnothing
  • Applicant

Wondering if anyone has the intell when we'll see another UBC wave and how many offers were sent out already. I expected a big wave in January but saw only trickles since.

Also keen to know the approximate date for the release of waitlist and rejections. Would be glad if someone on this forum could help. thanks.

Edited by knowingnothing

• knowingnothing changed the title to Wave prediction? waitlist/rejection timeline?
LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Probably will see more offers coming out in next couple of weeks. Because UBC has a smaller applicant pool (around 1,500) than most Ontario schools, their admissions is typically faster.

IIRC you won't hear back if you're on the waitlist until late April. 

Edited by LordBONSAI

elle.woods
  • Law Student

Hi! I was waitlisted last year at UBC and didn't get the notification until later in May. They didn't rank the waitlist until July.

• 2 weeks later...
knowingnothing
  • Applicant
55 minutes ago, Moms_Spaghetti said:

I was also waitlist at UBC last year, I got my notification March 30th. 

Would you mind sharing your index score? 

Edited by knowingnothing

Moms_Spaghetti
  • Law Student
11 hours ago, knowingnothing said:

Would you mind sharing your index score? 

My index score for last year was 91 (self calculated). It was just a smidge on the outside of the rumoured "auto-admit" 92 index mark. Not really sure how accurate that 92 threshold was with last year being such a big app pool though. I ended up retaking my LSAT in October and improving 7 points but I haven't recalculated my index for this cycle yet.

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, Moms_Spaghetti said:

My index score for last year was 91 (self calculated). It was just a smidge on the outside of the rumoured "auto-admit" 92 index mark. Not really sure how accurate that 92 threshold was with last year being such a big app pool though. I ended up retaking my LSAT in October and improving 7 points but I haven't recalculated my index for this cycle yet.

Last year a below-92 index score was uncompetitive. There were a couple of admitted students with 91.9~ index though (unclear if they applied regular or discretionary).

Moms_Spaghetti
  • Law Student
On 2/18/2022 at 10:19 PM, LordBONSAI said:

Last year a below-92 index score was uncompetitive. There were a couple of admitted students with 91.9~ index though (unclear if they applied regular or discretionary).

Yeah, it was an intense cycle. With the accuracy comment I meant that I think the average admitted index was higher than normal.