wondering if i qualify as a discretionary applicant

lawstudentss
  • Applicant

This has since been retracted, as it turns out she just has s brain abnormality, but for one and a bit years of my undergrad I thought my sister had brain cancer (she was diagnosed pending further info) but it was basically assumed by doctors and therefor by us thats what she had. She was super sick and t was really stressful; I have medical documentation of all of this, however, since it didn't happen to me, is this even a reason that UBC would accept? it did effect my grades for at least the semester where her treatment was most intense. 

Thewaitismuchtoolong

Call and ask. When i did they seemed pretty forgiving in their qualifications for the category. My guess would be yes this should make you eligible for the category. However, my experience so far over the cycle is that don’t bet on anything. The most important thing you could do is get a killer lsat score that pushes you into the auto admission category. Anything else you are betting on fortune.

lawstudentss
  • Applicant

I have taken the LSAT once and got a 170, what do you think auto admit would be? I think I could get higher if I studied for the next one, but also maybe not.  i will def call and ask, thank you!

Thewaitismuchtoolong

Thats an incredible score. You should be very proud. Looks like the admissions index this year was around 93. If you go up a bit in the forum you can find the formula. Good luck!