CEGEP applicants

student1234

student1234
  • Law Student

Hi, 

If anyone has questions on the application process for CEGEP students, I can try to answer based on my experience. I was admitted last year from CEGEP 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Swish
  • Applicant

Hi! 

If you are comfortable answering, when did you get an interview and how long did it take for an offer after? What kind of questions were asked? What was the process like? What were your stats? Do you know any other students admitted from cégep and how were their processes like?

Thank you so much!!

montreal123
  • Applicant

Hi! 

I had my interview at the end of May. I was placed on the waitlist shortly after and admitted in the middle of August. My R-score was 33.4. I think my personal statement was pretty good and compared to my friends who got in, I did not have that many ECs. 

During the interview, they want to figure out what kind of person you are. They might use strategies like good cop/bad cop. They will probably ask why law, why McGill, why now and not in 3 years? They also asked specific questions related to my CV and personal statement. You should know every line of your personal statement and CV and find a way to connect back to your interest in studying law. Don't be afraid to be yourself, to show your personality! 

They conducted my interview in French because my personal statement was in French and they ended with a few basic questions in English. I think they asked me about the last book I read and what I had learned from it.