Luck with grants/supports for ADHD?

burnedout

burnedout
  • Law Student

Does anyone have any experience getting the Canada Student Grant for students with permanent disabilities for ADHD? And, what type of documentation you need/if you can claim it retroactively? 

I've had ADHD/been treated with medication on and off for a few years but only this year received a formal diagnosis. The grant would be a huge help/the technology grant would also be helpful to get noise cancelling headphones, and speech to text software. 

I don't currently have academic accommodations but it was recently suggested to me that extra time on exams might be beneficial. Does anyone have experience with getting extra time/what do you ask for? 

• 2 weeks later...
Thewaitismuchtoolong

For all or the above, talk with disability services at your university. It is literally their job to navigate these types of things.

best of luck!

Edited by tdot1967