Is it too late for me?

KC P

2 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

Okay well, this has changed from a potentially useful and meaningful discussion about going to law school as a mature student to...something a lot less productive, but more entertaining I'm sure.

Okay, let's stick to the topic. So 136 is a bad score, therefore; I need to rewrite the LSAT. That's what I'm gathering. So you're saying it's impossible to get in with a 136, so don't even bother trying.

Edited by KC P

Big Pecker
  • Lawyer

I'm not sure what the admission requirements are for president but I think increasing your LSAT score a bit would make you a more competitive applicant. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Electricity
  • Law Student

Regretfully, I’ve cautioned people against Windsor Dual in the past. But in my defence, that was before I realized how lucrative becoming the next President of the Philippines could be. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Nom! 2

Pastrey
  • Law Student

I would rewrite the LSAT. Even if a school is holistic, you are still competing against hundreds to thousands of other applicants. You should aim to have as competitive stats as you can to increase your chances of acceptance.

You can always try with your current stats, but if you do not get in (most likely wouldn’t), that is $$$ down the drain in application fees and a lost year of opportunity.

GGrievous
  • Law Student

How do you expect to run a country when you can’t figure out that a 136 is too low for admission?

Edited by Barry
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Snax
  • Lawyer
41 minutes ago, Barry said:

How do you expect to run a country when you can’t figure out that a 136 is too low for admission?

You’re giving politicians way too much credit. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Patient0L
  • Law Student

I’m 40-mid-ish and am starting as 1L this year. Life can get boring around the mid-point, so having a second career is a thing. President is a classic second career move. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

TheDevilIKnow
  • Lawyer
4 hours ago, CleanHands said:

Okay well, this has changed from a potentially useful and meaningful discussion about going to law school as a mature student to...something a lot less productive, but more entertaining I'm sure.

Indeed. I am glad this change occurred before I wasted time attempting to write an actually useful reply about my experiences as a mature student!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pastrey said:

I would rewrite the LSAT. Even if a school is holistic, you are still competing against hundreds to thousands of other applicants. You should aim to have as competitive stats as you can to increase your chances of acceptance.

You can always try with your current stats, but if you do not get in (most likely wouldn’t), that is $$$ down the drain in application fees and a lost year of opportunity.

Thank you for the honest answer, all I needed to hear.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

LSAT isn't everything buddy, and shouldn't define you as an applicant and as a person.

I know so many law students who've done well with their LSAT but were mediocre law school students. I also know some people who had low to average LSAT scores who came out as Dean's listers and graduated at the top of their class.

Edited by KC P

15 minutes ago, TheDevilIKnow said:

Indeed. I am glad this change occurred before I wasted time attempting to write an actually useful reply about my experiences as a mature student!

Bunch of jerks in this forum, I was asked I wanted to do and I gave an honest answer. Not so mature after all.  🤣

Edited by KC P
  • LOL 3

GGrievous
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, KC P said:

I know so many law students who've done well with their LSAT but were mediocre law school students. I also know some people who had low to average LSAT scores who came out as Dean's listers.

Even if this was at all true, and not just a continuation of your trolling, a low to average LSAT score of admitted students is still significantly higher than a 136. 

• Like 1

TheDevilIKnow
  • Lawyer
8 minutes ago, KC P said:

I know so many law students who've done well with their LSAT but were mediocre law school students. I also know some people who had low to average LSAT scores who came out as Dean's listers and graduated at the top of their class.

With access to this trove of surprising data, I'm surprised you turned to us immature jerks for guidance!

• Like 6

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
22 minutes ago, KC P said:

No you don't.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Kimura
  • Lawyer
28 minutes ago, KC P said:

Thank you for the honest answer, all I needed to hear.

LSAT isn't everything buddy, and shouldn't define you as an applicant and as a person.

You're not getting in anywhere with a 136 LSAT. If you're serious about applying and you're not just trying to waste everyone's time, then you need to re-write the LSAT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kimura said:

You're not getting in anywhere with a 136 LSAT. If you're serious about applying and you're not just trying to waste everyone's time, then you need to re-write the LSAT.

Thanks for the honesty! 

thrill
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, KC P said:

I want to run as president for a country that is based on US law, but has some parliamentary features like that in Canada.

Also, I worked for US firms my entire life, so definitely I can see a future in the USA as an option.

you're trolling, right?

• 3 weeks later...
allrise1
  • Law School Admit
On 3/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, KC P said:

I want to run as president for a country that is based on US law, but has some parliamentary features like that in Canada.

Also, I worked for US firms my entire life, so definitely I can see a future in the USA as an option.

I seriously need to know what country we are all talking about

Glamurosa
  • Law School Admit
55 minutes ago, allrise1 said:

I seriously need to know what country we are all talking about

My monies on The Republic of Molossia

Lawnerd142
  • Law Student

I'm not 33 but when I started law school I was 27 (I'm 29 now). I gotta say that as someone who was 3-4 years older than most of my class mates, I did find them a bit annoying! lolllll... I'm just being honest here. I did gravitate more towards people who were closer in age to me. Law school, at least from my experience, has a very high school like and childish environment. Would I not go to law school because some students act like they're 12 years old? absolutely not! I am so happy I decided to work for a few years between my BA and law school. I also think that my MA and past professional experiences really helped me during summer and articling recruits. I also loved being a law student and can't wait to start working as a lawyer. But I think you should mentally be prepared for the possibility that you won't have the same law school experience as someone who is younger than you. 

• Like 1