Year End Grades

popcorngordo

popcorngordo
  • Law Student

Hi!! So basically I've been going through a decent amount of personal matters this semester and just took an exam that I truly feel like I may have failed. I got accepted at the beginning of February and am going to accept my offer (I have until April 1st). I am wondering if its possible Queen's may rescind my offer if my grades slip? I truly do believe I will pass all my courses in order to graduate and should still get above a 3.3 in all of them? Does anyone have any insight on this, it wasn't mentioned in my letter so I am just curious! Apologies if this sounds like I am being dramatic (I likely am) but I just wanted to know if anyone had any information!

Boozey
  • Law Student

I can't speak from personal experience, but would guess that if your official offer letter is not conditional upon achieving a certain GPA upon graduation, then you should be fine. Best of luck!

• Hugs 1

FlamingJohnn51

Yeah law schools acceptance letters are based on the grades they have at the time, anything after you don't have to send or really doesn't matter, I mean I`m sure you still gotta pass but as long as your acceptance was unconditional you are chilling!

• Hugs 1

popcorngordo
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, FlamingJohnn51 said:

Yeah law schools acceptance letters are based on the grades they have at the time, anything after you don't have to send or really doesn't matter, I mean I`m sure you still gotta pass but as long as your acceptance was unconditional you are chilling!

Thank you so much, this is what I thought but ya know stress I just started overthinking :') Much appreciation!

popcorngordo
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Boozey said:

I can't speak from personal experience, but would guess that if your official offer letter is not conditional upon achieving a certain GPA upon graduation, then you should be fine. Best of luck!

Much appreciation, thanks!!! It did not mention any conditions 🙂

NoName
  • Applicant

I actually emailed the admissions office with a similar question and their response was that their offers are not conditional, so as long as you’ve already been accepted whatever grades you get right now won’t affect your acceptance! 

• Like 1

AMG
  • Law Student

Undergrad grades do not have any bearing on law school once you’ve been accepted as others have said but it should be noted that some potential employers may ask for your undergrad transcripts for 1L and 2 L summer positions. So just keep that in mind, especially if you are thinking of a somewhat competitive field of law. 

• Like 2

BlushAndTheBar
  • Lawyer
On 3/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, AMG said:

Undergrad grades do not have any bearing on law school once you’ve been accepted as others have said but it should be noted that some potential employers may ask for your undergrad transcripts for 1L and 2 L summer positions. So just keep that in mind, especially if you are thinking of a somewhat competitive field of law. 

Came here to say this, do your best to keep your grades as high as possible as many employers will ask for your undergraduate grades. Good luck 🙂

• Like 2

AMG
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, BlushAndTheBar said:

Came here to say this, do your best to keep your grades as high as possible as many employers will ask for your undergraduate grades. Good luck 🙂

Exactly, keep doing your best now and take a breather this summer to do the things you enjoy. 

• Like 2

popcorngordo
  • Law Student

@AMG @BlushAndTheBar Thanks both of you!!! I'll definitely grind to make up for what I am assuming is a not so good grade, and greatly appreciate this insight!:)

@NoName Thanks for that verification, that definitely makes me feel a bit better!!:) best wishes to you!!