Does Queen's Wait For Winter Semester Courses?

uoftearsalumna

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Hi, i'd like some insight as to whether Queen's is the type of school to wait for winter grades, or should I prepare for an R sometime soon. (-- just posted this same question regarding Western)

Currently i'm at a 3.5cGPA, 3.6 L2, 160 LSAT. I am finishing the winter semester, and graduating soon, so I expect my winter grades to be very high, as have been my grades the last two years. With these new grades, my L2 will be above 3.8. I've been told I'd be much more competitive with my full transcript, though I'm wondering if anyone could comment as to whether they're the type of school to wait and see? 

Thanks

Simply put no. Why would they? There's no incentive in waiting while other schools take students and they can make judgements on students with all the grades and/or previous good grades. There is a possibility that Western/Queens has a number of rejection and give a last-minute offer where they are able to see your Winter grades. But, even then that's a last minute offer and you shouldn't prepare for that. 

Edited by Eathwens

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, Eathwens said:

Simply put no. Why would they? There's no incentive in waiting while other schools take students and they can make judgements on students with all the grades and/or previous good grades. There is a possibility that Western/Queens has a number of rejection and give a last-minute offer where they are able to see your Winter grades. But, even then that's a last minute offer and you shouldn't prepare for that. 

I get where you're coming from. As we know, Queens calculates your best 2, and admin told me they don't separate semesters - so 1 year is 8-10 half courses/4-5 full courses (give and take) within an academic year. So even thought they could make judgements, this means they don't update best 2 until the full year's transcript is in, which is why I asked. Others have told me they got in after sending their updated winter transcript, presumably because their B2 was recalculated with full grades -- western does the same thing. I mean what's the point of sending your transcript to OLSAS then if they could just make due with what they got like you suggested? I know its a long shot cause there's less seats, but just wondering anyway. 

AMG
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, uoftearsalumna said:

I get where you're coming from. As we know, Queens calculates your best 2, and admin told me they don't separate semesters - so 1 year is 8-10 half courses/4-5 full courses (give and take) within an academic year. So even thought they could make judgements, this means they don't update best 2 until the full year's transcript is in, which is why I asked. Others have told me they got in after sending their updated winter transcript, presumably because their B2 was recalculated with full grades -- western does the same thing. I mean what's the point of sending your transcript to OLSAS then if they could just make due with what they got like you suggested? I know its a long shot cause there's less seats, but just wondering anyway. 

If they’re is an open spot and your winter grades make you competitive among those who have still not been accepted then your winter grades will most likely affect the decision regarding your application. But Queen’s nor any other school will “wait” for winter grades. If they did the bulk of acceptances would be sent out from May-June.

There will also be a number of people declining offers come April 1st so I wouldn’t worry about a rejection just yet, especially because your stats make Queen’s a possibility. 

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, AMG said:

If they’re is an open spot and your winter grades make you competitive among those who have still not been accepted then your winter grades will most likely affect the decision regarding your application. But Queen’s nor any other school will “wait” for winter grades. If they did the bulk of acceptances would be sent out from May-June.

There will also be a number of people declining offers come April 1st so I wouldn’t worry about a rejection just yet, especially because your stats make Queen’s a possibility. 

Thanks! perhaps theres misinterpretation with what i meant by "wait" I guess perhaps waiting to see for a possible summer acceptance given then increase in my B2 GPA to follow with these winter grades. 

AMG
  • Law Student
20 minutes ago, uoftearsalumna said:

Thanks! perhaps theres misinterpretation with what i meant by "wait" I guess perhaps waiting to see for a possible summer acceptance given then increase in my B2 GPA to follow with these winter grades. 

It is possible, but it’s also impossible to predict. Totally depends on how many people decline offers and how competitive the stats of others are. 

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, AMG said:

It is possible, but it’s also impossible to predict. Totally depends on how many people decline offers and how competitive the stats of others are. 

exactly!