Online Summer Courses + Internships

olawg

olawg
  • Law Student

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know if their school is offering any online courses this summer? I'd like to take one or two, like last summer, but Ottawa has chosen not to this summer. Grateful to know if anyone has any knowledge of such courses.

Second, does any other school permit internships for course credit that are also paid? Ottawa requires that internships for course credit be unpaid, and I'm trying to gauge whether this is an Ottawa-specific requirement or a requirement across the board. 

Thanks in advance, 

OLG

Edited by OttLawGuy

• 2 weeks later...
Dad
  • Law Student

Queen's has the BISC 'Castle' program that runs during the summer. It's 3 full-credit courses packed into 6 weeks. In non-covid years it's like a mini semester abroad where you go the UK, but in the past few years it's been entirely online and has been open to students from other law schools. I'm not sure how it's working this year but it could be something to look into. 

YerAWizardHarry
  • Law Student

Castle program is running in-person in England this year!! (assuming nothing crazy happens in the next month)

Although it is open to students from other law schools, the deadline to sign up for this summer was quite a few months ago. I do know quite a few people who have since dropped it though so it's possible they might have a few spots available. It won't hurt to reach out and ask, but I heard there was already a pretty long waitlist so I'd do it ASAP.

Turtles
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, YerAWizardHarry said:

Castle program is running in-person in England this year!! (assuming nothing crazy happens in the next month)

Although it is open to students from other law schools, the deadline to sign up for this summer was quite a few months ago. I do know quite a few people who have since dropped it though so it's possible they might have a few spots available. It won't hurt to reach out and ask, but I heard there was already a pretty long waitlist so I'd do it ASAP.

They emailed Osgoode students a couple weeks ago to promote the program because of empty spots.