Chances?

ellewoods2.0

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit

Just saw a similar post and thought I would give it a shot! 🙂 I was wondering what my chances are for this year? 

TRU Grade: A-

LSAT: 159 (Jan 2022)

Good EC, work experience (few summers at a law firm and worked within my school's undergrad society) and LORs. Status says "Pending Decision". Applied as a Special Considerations applicant and provided documents from doctors.

Ave
  • Law School Admit

I think you have a decent chance at an acceptance!! You are only slightly below the average admit profile for last cycle. In addition, applying special consideration probably heightens your chances! Good luck, hopefully you hear back soon 🙂

• Like 1

angryturtle
3 hours ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

Just saw a similar post and thought I would give it a shot! 🙂 I was wondering what my chances are for this year? 

TRU Grade: A-

LSAT: 159 (Jan 2022)

Good EC, work experience (few summers at a law firm and worked within my school's undergrad society) and LORs. Status says "Pending Decision". Applied as a Special Considerations applicant and provided documents from doctors.

When was your app complete? 

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Ave said:

I think you have a decent chance at an acceptance!! You are only slightly below the average admit profile for last cycle. In addition, applying special consideration probably heightens your chances! Good luck, hopefully you hear back soon 🙂

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!😀

23 minutes ago, angryturtle said:

When was your app complete? 

I'm honestly not too sure. My university had a delay with my transcript on their end and attached a note stating that they are responsible for it being delayed. I'm not exactly sure when it would have registered in the portal

Shayne18
  • Applicant

Hey Friends, 

My LSAT was 144 (not great I know), and GPA 4.0/4.3. Strong references. 

What are my chances? Be brutally honest if you have to! 

Thank you 🙂

Edited by Shayne18

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
4 minutes ago, Shayne18 said:

Hey Friends, 

Thank you 🙂

You're going to need to rewrite the LSAT.

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, Shayne18 said:

Hey Friends, 

Thank you 🙂

While I agree that you should at least be prepared to rewrite, was that LSAT your only write? Did you provide an explanation that may have impacted your score (special Facts statement) ex: death in the family, illness, single parent, etc. I’m not saying these will inevitably save you, but they are considered. If there is no mitigating circumstances at all, then you’ll likely not get in with this round. Rewrite the lsat and try again next year! 

Shayne18
  • Applicant
14 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

You're going to need to rewrite the LSAT.

Thank you! I've been preparing to re-write while I wait for a decision. I thought so! 

Thanks for the info. 

6 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

While I agree that you should at least be prepared to rewrite, was that LSAT your only write? Did you provide an explanation that may have impacted your score (special Facts statement) ex: death in the family, illness, single parent, etc. I’m not saying these will inevitably save you, but they are considered. If there is no mitigating circumstances at all, then you’ll likely not get in with this round. Rewrite the lsat and try again next year! 

I am preparing to re-write while I wait for a decision. There was an explanation within my statement for the low grade achieved. I'm hoping they take that into consideration, but don't have my hopes up. Thank you for your feedback 🙂

Patient0L
  • Law Student
41 minutes ago, Shayne18 said:

Hey Friends, 

Thank you 🙂

100% rewrite the LSAT. The good news is that if you are capable of a 4.0, you are definitely capable of a better LSAT score. Also, you have tons to time before the next cycle starts. How are you prepping?

Thewaitismuchtoolong
1 hour ago, Shayne18 said:

Hey Friends, 

Thank you 🙂

Sign up for 7 Sage today and order “the loophole” by Ellen Cassidy. Start reading complex scientific periodicals. With the proper amount of studying, 20 point swings are not uncommon. If you score a 165+ your pretty much good to go wherever with your gpa.

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, Shayne18 said:

Hey Friends, 

Thank you 🙂

Barring some exceptional circumstances you will not get in. Even those applicants that benefit from holistic review still need too have a somewhat decent index score.

• Like 1