Second cycle applying to law schools, is there any hope for me?

KitKatPattyWat

halamadrid
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, ZukoJD said:

I respect the hustle. 

I did try pursuing other things but I always ended back at pursuing a legal career

• Like 2

KitKatPattyWat
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, ZukoJD said:

Of course it's a good idea to apply even more broadly than you have next cycle if needed, however I want to note that you should still make a concerted effort to tailor your personal statements. I had decent but by no means fantastic stats and was admitted to several schools (3 of which you've listed here) and I believe the fact that I tailored my personal statements for each school had something to do with this. It was tedious considering I also applied broadly, but we don't want to be leaving anything on the table here. 

As others have mentioned I think the access category could be appropriate for yourself as well. 

If you need someone to review a document feel free to PM me. 

Good luck! 

Thank you for your advice! I agree that tailoring every essay would be very helpful and I will try to do a better job of that. I also really appreciate you offering to help me with reviewing. I'll definitely reach out if it isn't too much trouble! 

2 hours ago, halamadrid said:

Don't give up if you really want to become a lawyer. My advice would be to keep adding to your resume in terms of work and volunteer experience. I would consider rewriting/modifying your PS and even tailoring it where you can. It took me 5 tries to get into law school, so trust me when I say that I know what it feels to get rejected 😅

Thank you for your advice and sharing your experience! That is honestly so inspiring. I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end! What did you change each time in your application until you got accepted? 

• Like 1

halamadrid
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, KitKatPattyWat said:

Thank you for your advice and sharing your experience! That is honestly so inspiring. I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end! What did you change each time in your application until you got accepted? 

Not too much tbh. Depending on the application, I talked about what I learned from whatever work/volunteer experience I had recently gained. It's important to highlight what you learned from your experiences and how it's transferrable in law school, and ultimately, in a legal career. This is what I did but everyone's PS is different.