McGill to Dalhousie GPA Conversion

huckleberry

huckleberry
  • Applicant

Hi!

I had a question about converting 4.0 to 4.3 GPA. 

McGill does not list percentages on their transcript, only the letter grade, as well as our letter grade only goes as high as an A (4.0). 

Would that mean that a GPA of 3.8x/4.0 from McGill be looked at as a 3.8x/4.3 when considered by Dalhousie? Or is there any kind of conversion that gets done, even though there is no A+/percentages listed on the the transcript?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...
Lawstandfound
  • Applicant

DAL  will convert your grades to their scale, and calculate an index as follows: [(GPA/4.3)*60]+[(LSAT–120)*40/60]. Apparently, an index over 80 is competitive.

I am not entirely sure, but I believe that since there is no A+ at Mcgill, an A will be treated as an A+, and calculated as 4.3, when converting to Dal's 4.3 scale.  An A-, however, is on par and is calculated as 3.7, and all other letter grades are equal to the 4.0 scale equivalent. 

The exact difference will depend on how many A's are at play; it will be a higher GPA on the 4.3 scale, but the exact difference will depend upon how many A's are on the transcript. 

Hope this helps.