Any experience with Letters of Permission?

Professor Lupin

Professor Lupin
  • Law Student

Hi - wondering if anyone on this forum has experience or knowledge of how Letters of Permission to attend a different law school in Canada works. There's very little information available online and I was hoping to get a better understanding of it before approaching my school's admin. Thanks in advance. 

Turtles
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, Professor Lupin said:

Hi - wondering if anyone on this forum has experience or knowledge of how Letters of Permission to attend a different law school in Canada works. There's very little information available online and I was hoping to get a better understanding of it before approaching my school's admin. Thanks in advance. 

I don't know which school you attend, but I know Osgoode provided a run-down on how this works during their annual course planning session. If you go to a different school, I'd look through the published slides or recording of a comparable session. 

I did this, it is a bit of a headache to make sure mandatory courses and pre requisites cross over but otherwise pretty easy. You need to get accepted as a letter of permission student by the target school, then go to your admin to work out the details.