Queen's vs Dalhousie

شخص غريب

CheeseToast
  • Law Student

Nobody is denying Kingston would be a great place to go for undergrad fellas. I wouldn't mind living in a shithole if it was my first time moving out either! Bit of a different calculation when you're in your mid 20s though. 

Edit: Toronto is also fine but I prefer Montreal and Vancouver, personally. 

Edited by CheeseToast
  • Like 1
  • Nom! 1
  • Hugs 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

I never thought I would see such a lively debate over the crown for “third best Canadian city east of Toronto” 

• LOL 5
  • Nom! 1

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
On 11/22/2022 at 7:51 PM, QueensDenning said:

I wouldn't call it a shit-hole. The campus is lovely, and the city has its charm. There's a whole lot of great restaurants and the student life can be awesome. You're also close to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa - easy for weekend trips. 

It's leaps and bounds better in every respect compared to London, Windsor (now that's a shit-hole), Thunder Bay (also a shit-hole). I'd probably take it over living anywhere in the immediate vicinity of Osgoode (living in Jane and Finch or Vaughn? - gross). 

Is Vaughn that bad? Was thinking about living there rather than in the city. 

10 minutes ago, ZukoJD said:

Vaughan is fine. A bit boring but it has a subway now and a some decent food and shopping options. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
2 hours ago, ZukoJD said:

Yeah that was a bit tongue in cheek Vaughn isn't objectively a bad place to live but it depends on what you personally value. I'm a city boy. 

• Thanks 1

doggoford
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, ZukoJD said:

Vaughan is a typical suburb. It does have a subway connection via vaughan metropolitcan centre but it's probably not very accessible to most people living in vaughan. If you are a suburb person and own a car, vaughan could be a good place. If not, you could try North York.

• Like 1

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
35 minutes ago, doggoford said:

Vaughan is a typical suburb. It does have a subway connection via vaughan metropolitcan centre but it's probably not very accessible to most people living in vaughan. If you are a suburb person and own a car, vaughan could be a good place. If not, you could try North York.

I think I’ll take that over where I live in Ottawa. 

• Like 1

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, thrill said:

How come?

Homeless problem is out of control. I’m right around Rideau.