Accepted to Victoria 2023

joffer
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

bandmanrill
  • Applicant

Accepted today and received the call! 3.8ish GPA/163 LSAT. Applied regular. Will be paying a deposit and likely accepting unless UBC gives me an acceptance. Have until March 31st to pay the deposit. My status updated for "GPA Eval" on March 7th.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Myo
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, bandmanrill said:

Accepted today and received the call! 3.8ish GPA/163 LSAT. Applied regular. Will be paying a deposit and likely accepting unless UBC gives me an acceptance. Have until March 31st to pay the deposit. My status updated for "GPA Eval" on March 7th.

Congrats! Did you take the Jan LSAT?

• Thanks 1

bandmanrill
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, Myo said:

Congrats! Did you take the Jan LSAT?

Nope - I took it in October and applied the second week of January. I applied Regular but I do have considerable full-time and part-time work experience while studying, volunteer work, minor academic awards/scholarships, and other lived experiences that probably helped my application.

Edited by bandmanrill
  • Like 1

Saul_Goodman
  • Law School Admit

Excited to say I got a very sweet call on Friday evening. I'm in!

LSAT: 160

L2/B2: 3.75ish / 4.0 

Applied access

KimuraGrip
  • Law School Admit

Applied inclusive - received an offer over the phone earlier today.

LSAT: 166, GPA: 3.84.

I declined immediately since I have accepted an offer from Allard and paid a deposit.

Johndoedoe
  • Undergrad

Eek so happy to be posting! Just got the call,  83.5% GPA (UBC Scale) with drops ,  164 LSAT (86 percentile). Admissions coordinator stated they were impressed by my personal statement. 

Also have an acceptance from Calgary , going to be debating between the two but will most likely accept UVIC.

• Like 1

JimJimmyJ
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Johndoedoe said:

Eek so happy to be posting! Just got the call,  83.5% GPA (UBC Scale) with drops ,  164 LSAT (86 percentile). Admissions coordinator stated they were impressed by my personal statement. 

Also have an acceptance from Calgary , going to be debating between the two but will most likely accept UVIC.

Congrats! When did you apply? And did you write the Jan LSAT?

Megjackson
  • Law Student

Got the call today. Accepted into the JD/JID program with a scholarship of at least $2000.00 (actual amount will be determined in late August). 

Applied under the Indigenous category

LSAT 155

GPA 3.33 before drops

Also got a conditional offer from TRU. Will be accepting at UVIC. 

• Like 2

Rhaenyra
  • Applicant
15 hours ago, Megjackson said:

Got the call today. Accepted into the JD/JID program with a scholarship of at least $2000.00 (actual amount will be determined in late August). 

Applied under the Indigenous category

LSAT 155

GPA 3.33 before drops

Also got a conditional offer from TRU. Will be accepting at UVIC. 

Congrats! Did u apply access?

• 3 weeks later...
cola
  • Law Student

Got the call shortly after noon today!

LSAT: 166
GPA: hard to calculate in my case, cGPA probably 2.8ish, maybe around 3.4 after drops

Inclusive category

Confirmation/deposit deadline is May 5th. Will accept unless I hear from UBC before then.

If it matters, the "GPA Eval" part is dated April 6th, and my status still says "Application Under Review" lol.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

15 hours ago, cola said:

Got the call shortly after noon today!

LSAT: 166
GPA: hard to calculate in my case, cGPA probably 2.8ish, maybe around 3.4 after drops

Inclusive category

Confirmation/deposit deadline is May 5th. Will accept unless I hear from UBC before then.

If it matters, the "GPA Eval" part is dated April 6th, and my status still says "Application Under Review" lol.

Congrats! As someone with similar stats and still waiting, would you mind sharing when you applied and anything you think might have particularly helped to application to stand out (extra circulars, work experience etc). Thanks!

cola
  • Law Student
59 minutes ago, bamboocrab said:

Congrats! As someone with similar stats and still waiting, would you mind sharing when you applied and anything you think might have particularly helped to application to stand out (extra circulars, work experience etc). Thanks!

Thanks! I applied on the deadline and honestly have no idea what stood out. My softs weren't all that unique and none were related to law. That said, I put a lot of work into polishing my PS and I know at least one of my LORs was actually very good. Keeping it brief here but feel free to DM if you want to know more.

• Thanks 1

Received offer via email.

GPA: 3.85 (self-calculated on UVic 4.33 scale; unsure of accuracy).

LSAT: 166 (Jan 2023; 90th Percentile).

Index score of 931.25 (self-calculated; above the 'auto-admit' threshold).

Applied general. Application submitted at deadline. No updates to file, nor changes to status, until offer received.

Will be accepting but will withdraw should I receive an offer from another school.

Edited by Aveniform
  • Like 2

Rae1616
  • Applicant

Accepted April 6 via phone call 

169 LSAT (January), cGPA 4.9ish UVic scale 

Have declined

Good luck everyone :)

• Like 2

Accepted. Got the call Friday (April 28) afternoon. Very grateful, will be accepting! 

Inclusive applicant. Low cumulative GPA, around 3.0. 165 LSAT. Applied Jan 15. GPA eval appeared 2 days before acceptance. 

My GPA was heavily impacted by an outlier year. Second time applying, really excited. Goodluck to all those still waiting! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
gimmeajdplz
  • Applicant

For those who have been offered As recently ... What deadline were you given to accept your offer? Trying to gauge when the next admissions wave would be!

• 1 month later...
zebra101
  • Applicant

Was accepted today... back in May I was #42 on the waitlist. Will not be accepting as I am going to UBC. 164 lsat... had a 4.0/4.5 GPA at the UofW...(around an A-)... had some good volunteer experience on my CV.

• Thanks 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • ZineZ unpinned this topic