Accepted to Ottawa (Common Law) 2023

jkiljktyj412
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

mountainsofmist

ACCEPTED!

OLSAS cGPA 2.90 (although by my calculations I should be a 3.0)

LSAT 169

I applied as mature, emphasizing my work experience in administrative law

Edited by mountainsofmist
  • Like 2

Olive
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! 

CGPA ~3.0, L2 3.7

LSAT 168

Applied access. Roughly 4 years work experience in the public sector.

• Like 1

Iwantsomeoffers
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday afternoon! 

WES GPA 3.7

LSAT 162

M.A. in Education; Certified Parent Coach; over 2 years' full time work experience in Ontario; translated a book from English to my first language; other research and work experience...

As a new immigrant and a young mom with English as my second langauge, I truely appreciate the opportunities Canada has opened up for me. I love this country! Congratulations everyone! 

Edited by Iwantsomeoffers
  • Like 2

legally-brunette462
  • Law School Admit

Got an email telling me to check UOzone and saw that I got admitted yesterday.

cGPA: 3.89

LSAT: 154

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Edited by legally-brunette462

I got accepted yesterday 8am! Super excited!

cGPA: 3.2

LSAT: 165

Applied access + five years working public service, two of which were full-time with vulnerable populations. Two bachelor degrees.

Best of luck to everyone!

On 1/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, legally-brunette462 said:

Got an email telling me to check UOzone and saw that I got admitted yesterday.

cGPA: 3.89

LSAT: 154

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Congrats!! When did you apply and if you dont mind sharing, what types of softs did you have?

legally-brunette462
  • Law School Admit
16 hours ago, chickenwings said:

Congrats!! When did you apply and if you dont mind sharing, what types of softs did you have?

I believe I applied the last week of October just before the November 1st deadline.

In terms of softs, I think mine really helped with my admission to this program. I have 2+ years of consistent volunteering experience with a justice related agency, a variety of unique working opportunities including positions within the legal system and working directly with remote northern communities. I also had some small roles in campus student clubs.

• Like 1

LegalOrangutan

So happy to be posting here! Just got admitted yesterday; my status changed to "admitted" on UOZone and then I received a notification email this morning. I'm not sure if I'm calculating these correctly but my stats are:

cGPA: 3.47/4 (79.5%), L2: 3.77/4 (85.4%). LSAT: 162. 

I'm not really sure what qualifies as having "good softs" but in my PS I talked about how I have a year of research experience and am first author on a paper, have been working as a technician/researcher in the government for close to a year, and did debate and moot court in my undergrad. For what it's worth, I also applied in the special circumstances category because I had to help care for a severely ill parent during my degree. 

I'm so thrilled because this is my first time applying to law school, and this is also my first acceptance! It doesn't even feel real yet. I had a really, REALLY hard time academically in first and second year sciences (I think my first year average was about 69%), so for those of you in the same boat, don't give up - there is hope. Good luck to those still waiting! 

• Like 2

anonlawstudent
  • Law School Admit

Forgot to update but I received an acceptance on Jan 10th!

OLSAS CGPA: 3.74

LSAT: 163

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by illegallybrown

Jimmy McGill
  • Law School Admit

Late post here. Received an offer early December 

GPA: ~4.1/4.3

LSAT: 165

Strong personal statement and softs (I think)

• 2 weeks later...
CasualQuarterLifeCrisis
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Jan 31 - first acceptance/answer, still waiting on other schools but very pleased!

LSAT: 163 (Nov 2022) - only writing

Honours BA in PoliSci - CGPA (from OLSAS): 3.49/4.00 - 1st year (3.2), 2nd year (3.59), 3rd year (3.68) --- Only 3 years because CEGEP

Softs:

Applied in mature category

Fully bilingual English/French - Québec resident

10 years military service (5 military college / 5 serving as officer)

2 semesters as research assistant in undergrad

Final semester of undergrad, interned for Canadian senator

Undergrad ECs included Model UN/NATO, lifeguarding

LoRs: Solid

Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting!

GG0018
  • Applicant

Accepted Feb 1st

cGPA 3.79, L2 3.94 LSAT 157

Pretty good EC's I think: 1 year Research Assistant with a Law Professor during undergrad, 2 years volunteering at a hospital, and previous experience/currently working at a notable law firm in Toronto. 

First acceptance so I am really excited!

BigR
  • Law School Admit
19 minutes ago, GG0018 said:

Accepted Feb 1st

cGPA 3.79, L2 3.94 LSAT 157

Pretty good EC's I think: 1 year Research Assistant with a Law Professor during undergrad, 2 years volunteering at a hospital, and previous experience/currently working at a notable law firm in Toronto. 

First acceptance so I am really excited!

Hey there! Congratulations on the acceptance!

I was wondering what type of work you are doing at your law firm?

BigRed
  • Applicant

Accepted today!!! 3.46 and 166. Strong ECs - lots of undergraduate research working on brain development! Goodluck everyone 🙂

• Thanks 1

Lawapplicant1233
  • Applicant

Accepted 2/10/23

LSAT 158

CGPA 3.79

L2/B2 3.9

Tons of ECs, strong personal statement, and unique application 

Got the email the next day to check my portal

msephora
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning! 

LSAT: 157 

cGPA (OLSAS): 3.95

Have above average extra-curriculars (academic senate, student union board of directors, 2 years TA, club president, working throughout undergrad). Unique, in my opinion, personal statement. Strong reference letters.