Accepted to McGill 2023

spikesp
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

• Ryn pinned this topic
amandine
  • Applicant

Congrats!! Got accepted yesterday too and have similar stats: cGPA 3.84 and LSAT 170. Also have a masters and work experience

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Accepted today! University applicant, in fourth year. 166 and 4.05/4.33. I think that's around 3.92 on McGill's scale? And pretty normal softs and references, I think.

I had a French interview last week as well. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
dkx
  • Law School Admit

Accepted a couple of hours ago! 

University applicant (BA Political Science), cGPA 4.14/4.30 (=3.98/4.0). No LSAT. Fully bilingual. Good references and volunteering/work experience.

Good luck to everybody!!

• Like 6

accepted yesterday! University application (BA hons) cgpa 3.78, 159 LSAT. Fully bilingual. Assuming good references and really strong CV and PS! 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
stately_pluckmulligan
  • Applicant

Hi! Happy to be finally able to post here.

gpa: 3.9 / 4.3

Bilingual Quebec student. Coming from gap year after bachelors(hons and a major).

Pretty strong LORs. Extensive CV in student politics, academic conferences and theatre. Also worked part-time. 

My statement of intent probably helped. I put in a lot of thought weaving myself into a narrative that is apt for legal studies.

Edited by stately_pluckmulligan
  • Like 4

kollykibbler
  • Applicant

Accepted just now!

cGPA: 3.56/4.0 (graduated in 2020)

LSAT: 170

I tutor French immersion students, so no interview. I had some interesting things on my CV and very average references from two professors. I talked almost exclusively about my academic aspirations in law school and why McGill would be a good fit.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on a decision.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
DaDossDude
  • Law School Admit

More than delighted to announce my acceptance! Accepted March 24th! 

Fully bilingual: Schooling was in French in Quebec prior to CEGEP | cGPA: 3.71 | Graduated in 2018, but nonetheless got LORs from professors who remember me | No LSAT | Strong personal statement (in my opinion) | Strong softs | Did Real Estate School during the pandemic, but never brought myself to practice | Working in Government since 2020  

Fun fact: I attended the University of Montreal’s Law program from 2016-2017. Great school, but dropped out (Extenuating circumstances). Went back to finish my initial undergraduate degree the following year. This will be my second go at Law School, but at the school I’ve always wanted to attend!

Best of luck to everyone still awaiting a decision. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t believe I’m writing this, got accepted today about an hour ago!

My stats: Fully bilingual from Quebec. CEGEP was a 32 R-score. CGPA: 3.89/4.3. Graduated from Honours Liberal Arts program; got two pretty stellar references from professors from there. No LSAT. I wrote about specific experiences that made me want to be a lawyer for my cover letter, plus some specific things at McGill that made it interesting to me (particularly their Research Group on Health Law). 

I did a LOT of extracurriculars — all the way back to high-school, so it’s always been in my profile. In Uni, I did work for the office of the president in an honours soc, did moot law, student gov, and some NGO work for programs in MTL. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
xoames
  • Law School Admit

accepted jan 20, advised to post here for others!

stats upon acceptance: 3.8/4.0 cgpa, 164 lsat, b2 delf.

graduating combined honours communication studies & media arts. a bunch of extracurriculars, but mainly leadership roles in recreational clubs, student governance, and the union. references were pretty good!

congrats to the others, and all the best to everybody waiting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hiya123
  • Applicant

hi everyone! i was accepted a couple weeks ago so i thought i’d post on here to help future applicants/students. i’m from quebec so fully bilingual. i applied with a 8.63/10 gpa in a (now finished) undergrad in engineering, which i believe is around 3.7-3.8 on the mcgill scale. no LSAT. i had good LORs and some extracurriculars at school/volunteering work + some work experience in engineering. i tried my absolute hardest to make my PS original and i think it payed off! 

best of luck to everyone!!! 

Edited by hiya123
  • Like 2

Gg.kiki
  • Law Student

Accepted February 23rd with scholarship

3.93 cGPA, no LSAT, fourth year applicant 

non Quebec applicant

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
anonymousse
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today, May 29th! 

3.96 cGPA, No Lsat, Applied during my last semester of undergrad. 
QC applicant, fluent in french. I believe I had strong LORs and softs. Best of luck to those still waiting! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
timotheesmother
  • Applicant

accepted today, so thrilled!! 

3.69 gpa but 3.9 for l2, 156 lsat lol, quebec resident & fluent in french! i think my lors and personal statement made a big difference 

Edited by timotheesmother
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

x

On 6/15/2023 at 11:33 PM, timotheesmother said:

accepted today, so thrilled!! 

3.69 gpa but 3.9 for l2, 156 lsat lol, quebec resident & fluent in french! i think my lors and personal statement made a big difference 

Congrats!! 🥳🌟

Wondering what the deadline was for you to accept admission?

Also was there a special focus/narrative for your PS?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SwanQueen

• 2 weeks later...
timotheesmother
  • Applicant
On 7/1/2023 at 8:00 PM, SwanQueen said:

x

Congrats!! 🥳🌟

Wondering what the deadline was for you to accept admission?

Also was there a special focus/narrative for your PS?

Thanks in advance!

thank you!! i had until july 13 to accept. my main focus was on my interest in indigenous studies & what i learned from having it as a minor. i made that my focus in expressing why i wanted to go to law school & the different perspectives i could bring to the program 

• 1 month later...
QuaxlyTheDuck
  • Applicant

Hi all! Thought I'd share for posterity.

Waitlisted June 27, accepted August 11. 3.95 GPA, no LSAT, poli sci BA from McGill '23, good LoR's and nothing crazy for my extra-curriculars but I work a lot and am actively involved in my community. Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 2

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic