Housing

applicant2023

applicant2023
  • Applicant

I am wondering whether the majority of Dal law students live with roommate(s), or whether finding a 1-bedroom / studio has been possible / not difficult?  I am also wondering what time of year you found your apartment? Ideally I wouldn't move until August, but I see most listings right now are available for May 1st, 2023. 

Thanks in advance! 

CMacK
  • Applicant

Hey! I’m a Dal 0L, but I’ve lived in Halifax since 2012. Finding a one bedroom or studio apartment will be possible, but the city’s low vacancies will make it a longer process than it should be. Most leases walking distance to campus are May or September. August might be tricky, but not impossible. I live in a 1 plus den with my partner. All of my friends are living with roommates or partners, as clean and safe studios/1 beds start at $1600-$1800 right now. A lease takeover might give you a decent price until the original lease ends. Listings for August and September tend to pop up around May/June.