Rejected 2023

KDaddy

Whist
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Allard2024 said:

my first instinct is that they didn't want you to reject them because your stats are really strong for UofC (and for most Canadian law schools). I highly recommend calling them, telling the admissions staff it was the only school you applied to, and see if they change their decision. 

This is my perspective having applied to US schools (which can be infamous for protecting their admissions ratios), so I may be wrong on the reason why they rejected you. But again, I highly recommend reaching out ASAP.

American law schools do yield protection, as you've noted, for reasons related to their ranking system. Canadian ones do not - we don't even have a formal ranking system. OP wasn't rejected because UofC didn't want to get turned down, they were rejected because of some application mistake or because UofC used their holistic assessment to pick somebody else. American admissions has a lot of differences from Canada, so you can't extrapolate from your experience there to here. OP has nothing to lose by reaching out and asking for reconsideration, but I have never heard of someone reversing a rejection.

• Hugs 2

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Got reacquainted with the red X today.

GPA 3.2, L2 3.5, LSAT 158 and about a million years of work experience.

• Hugs 2

blackbird37
  • Applicant

Rejected today, 3.87 overall GPA, 159 January 2023 LSAT score (highest of two attempts), good ECs and work experience in federal public service. was the only school I applied to, here's to trying again next year

• Hugs 7

pleaseletmein
  • Law School Admit

Rejected today.

LSAT: 153(Jan) 

cGPA: 3.57

L2: 3.79

Third year student with 4+ years of full-time work experience, some of which is in the legal field, competitive student athlete, and lots of volunteering experience. 
I didn’t expect to be admitted and am waiting on other schools, but still sucks. Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by pleaseletmein
  • Hugs 1

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
On 2/26/2023 at 8:01 PM, Whist said:

American law schools do yield protection, as you've noted, for reasons related to their ranking system. Canadian ones do not - we don't even have a formal ranking system. OP wasn't rejected because UofC didn't want to get turned down, they were rejected because of some application mistake or because UofC used their holistic assessment to pick somebody else. American admissions has a lot of differences from Canada, so you can't extrapolate from your experience there to here. OP has nothing to lose by reaching out and asking for reconsideration, but I have never heard of someone reversing a rejection.

Thank you for your suggestion, as well as Allard2024. I actually did reach out to the Admissions team a few weeks ago but the response was very generic. I will retake lsat and attempt again next year while continuing volunteering work. I have waited quite a few years to figure out my passion so just a little setback is no biggie 🙂

• Hugs 1

Shaheer
  • Law Student

Rejected today.

GPA: 3.3. LSAT: 154. 6 years of work experience. Professional Engineer. Masters in Engineering from U of C. Good ECs. Applied access. 

I thought I had a strong application but I guess it is what it is. 

Edited by Skhan

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Sent you a DM

On 3/2/2023 at 4:58 PM, vnyycstudent said:

Thank you for your suggestion, as well as Allard2024. I actually did reach out to the Admissions team a few weeks ago but the response was very generic. I will retake lsat and attempt again next year while continuing volunteering work. I have waited quite a few years to figure out my passion so just a little setback is no biggie 🙂

Sent you a DM

Edited by Chewy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
MauriceCharland
  • Law School Admit

Rejected April 25. Was previously on the waitlist from February 15. CGPA: 4.33 LSAT: 159. 

• Sad 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic