Ottawa 2L Recruit: Round 2 In-firms + Call Day

newbie99

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
19 minutes ago, Randomstudent said:

Anyone hear back from Gowling?

Are we talking 1st round of in-firms or 2nd round?

KingoftheBritons
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, Randomstudent said:

Anyone hear back from Gowling?

Still waiting. 

14 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Are we talking 1st round of in-firms or 2nd round?

second round

KingoftheBritons
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Randomstudent said:

Gowling second rounds went out last night

Well crap. 

4 minutes ago, Randomstudent said:

Gowling second rounds went out last night

Do you think there's any chance they haven't finished sending invites? 

lawstudent080
  • Law Student

Considering many students still have to their first rounds of in-firms with them, I assume they have not finished sending invites cause otherwise it would be a waste of time to interview those upcoming students. 

• Like 1

JD incoming
  • Law Student
12 hours ago, newbie99 said:

Dentons has started sending out second round interviews as well

I thought they only did the reception as a second round. Are they actually scheduling 2nd round in-firms?

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student

What sort of questions did Gowling ask? Any behavioural/situational q's?

Edited by capitalttruth

KingoftheBritons
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

What sort of questions did Gowling ask? Any behavioural/situational q's?

Pretty much just like the OCI but 10 minutes longer. E.g.,tell me about yourself and why you came to law school, why ottawa, how are you at working in a team. They gave me one "behavioural/situational" question. It went something like: "tell me about a time where you missed a deadline and the steps you took to rectify it". Good luck on your interview! 

• Like 1

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student

Anyone do their in firm with Nelligan? Was given a 1h time slot with 2 lawyers, wondering if it’s actually going to be an hour long interview, or two 30mins with a lawyer each?

easttowest
  • Lawyer

I would suspect the latter just because the lawyers themselves aren’t going to want to interview you for an hour. 

I’m sure you’re great. But that’s a really long time to have to come up with questions and keep the conversation going! 

torontoad
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, ReasonablePerson said:

Anyone do their in firm with Nelligan? Was given a 1h time slot with 2 lawyers, wondering if it’s actually going to be an hour long interview, or two 30mins with a lawyer each?

I did my "in firm" on Zoom, and it was 1 hour with 2 lawyers. 40 minutes of questions from them, and I had 20 minutes to ask them and an articling student questions.

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
31 minutes ago, newbie99 said:

NRF will be calling tonight to schedule round 2 in-firms and cocktail reception. 

Did they say around what time?

1 hour ago, torontoad said:

I did my "in firm" on Zoom, and it was 1 hour with 2 lawyers. 40 minutes of questions from them, and I had 20 minutes to ask them and an articling student questions.

What sort of questions did they ask? Any situational/behavioral?

lawstudent080
  • Law Student

Nelligan was wild. All situational hypotheticals (ethical things, arguing things, etc.) for about 30 mins then 10 minutes of specific things about your CV then 20 mins to ask questions. Get ready lol

• Sad 1

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student

Anyone receive a call from NRF? Did they say at what time they would be calling candidates back tonight to schedule third round interviews?

Edit: Just got a call. Calls are going out.

Edited by capitalttruth

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
13 minutes ago, sabbp said:

Does anyone know when Gowling (for those who interviewed today) and McMillan will be calling? 

For Gowling, they said either tomorrow or Friday end of day at the latest.

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
7 minutes ago, lawstudent080 said:

I interviewed at Gowlings today and they just emailed me for a third round and reception!

Congrats! I wonder how they are distributing invitations for third round interviews, if they go out all at once...was really high on Gowling, hopefully I am still in the running. I e-mailed the recruiter and he said that I can expect to hear back from them by Friday end of day.