Anyone else struggling to study for finals?

sunshinecoast

sunshinecoast
  • Articling Student

I'm unsure if it is 3LOL or what is going on, but I find it incredibly difficult to study for finals. I am usually great about finding the motivation to study, and even when I wasn't motivated, I was at least disciplined enough to keep studying. It might also be a bit of burnout from spending SO much time focusing on my grades this past year.

If anyone is or has been in the same boat, your words of encouragement are welcome. 

SNAILS
  • Law Student

I had a hard time staying focused for my last exam this year (now complete). I put too much into the first 2 and the major paper for the other course, and by the last one, I was mental, emotionally and spiritually drained.

If I can't focus, I set an egg timer and give myself maybe 20 minutes to watch YouTube or something. I take naps during the day, and then get immediately back to studying when I wake up.

If you do not normally study with a buddy, maybe arrangements to study with them in person, on Zoom or over the phone for a change of pace. (If you don't have a buddy, make a new buddy by Facebooking someone from your class). If you don't normally do practice exams, do that for a change of pace. If you don't normally read other people's summaries, and you have access to one, read that and think about the difference/similarity between your knowledge and what that summary covered.

I made it through this, and so can you. 🙂

• Thanks 1

sunshinecoast
  • Articling Student

Thank you and congrats on being done! I've been feeling better about studying the past few days and have mostly caught up. I started doing timed breaks, and that helped significantly. I fell behind pretty severely in two of my classes this term, which made this term a bit miserable lol. Less than a week left, and I'll be done can't wait!

GGrievous
  • Law Student

Had my last exam yesterday and I can confirm it is becoming more and more painful to go through this dance. 

• Hugs 1