Waitlist 2023

Blink098

NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Blink098 said:

still no movement?

Nope, Which is a bummer because there has been quite a few special consideration and general applicants who gave up their seats. I called admissions, and they said to expect it to be quiet for a few weeks (and to not wait by the phone going crazy haha). Stefani had out of the office on until June 5th, so I expect we might not hear much until after? Fingers crossed, something changes soon tho. They are so nice at the office at TRU ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

resultsfound
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, X1A Law said:

Nope, Which is a bummer because there has been quite a few special consideration and general applicants who gave up their seats. I called admissions, and they said to expect it to be quiet for a few weeks (and to not wait by the phone going crazy haha). Stefani had out of the office on until June 5th, so I expect we might not hear much until after? Fingers crossed, something changes soon tho. They are so nice at the office at TRU ❤️ 

Thanks for keeping up with them! I also saw that a few people were giving up their seats so fingers crossed. Waiting is the worst lol

NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit
Just now, resultsfound said:

Thanks for keeping up with them! I also saw that a few people were giving up their seats so fingers crossed. Waiting is the worst lol

No problem! It’s a lot of logistics with my husband, dogs, our houses in Saskatoon, and finances to make this all work if I ever get in so I’m more persistent then I’d like to be. I’m trying to get clarification on the SC waitlist numbers because they aren’t offering in order 😞 

resultsfound
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, X1A Law said:

No problem! It’s a lot of logistics with my husband, dogs, our houses in Saskatoon, and finances to make this all work if I ever get in so I’m more persistent then I’d like to be. I’m trying to get clarification on the SC waitlist numbers because they aren’t offering in order 😞 

Totally fair. And its also only a few months to make all those adjustments and move. I am based in BC but still worried about moving there and getting the financing in order in time. Def much more for your to consider

NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit

Has anyone heard anything lately? Did anyone on the SC waitlist manage to find out their numbers? 

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone next week ❤️ This is definitely a challenging couple of months.

• 4 weeks later...
chameli B
  • Law Student

I withdrew my offer to TRU. I know the waiting game feeling so I hope this info is used for good.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
Corytrevor16
  • Applicant

Just got informed this morning that i’m currently sitting at #15 on the general applicant waitlist for TRU… does August usually see more waitlist movement than July or should i just assume that i won’t be getting in this cycle? Any feedback would be appreciated!

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
4 hours ago, Corytrevor16 said:

Just got informed this morning that i’m currently sitting at #15 on the general applicant waitlist for TRU… does August usually see more waitlist movement than July or should i just assume that i won’t be getting in this cycle? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Where did you get that information from? As far as I’m aware, there is no ranking list for the wait list, or a general applicant list vs special consideration list. 

Corytrevor16
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, HarryCrane said:

Where did you get that information from? As far as I’m aware, there is no ranking list for the wait list, or a general applicant list vs special consideration list. 

you can email TRU’s law dept and ask where you currently rank on the waitlist

NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit
On 8/4/2023 at 9:27 PM, HarryCrane said:

And yes, there is a general vs. special consideration. However, many who applied for special consideration were transferred to general when reviewed by admissions committee. 

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic