Is the longer it takes for ubc to respond, the worse your chances?

icecream00
  • Applicant

I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but I just wish they’d give me the rejection already. Does anyone know know how long decisions will roll? I’m guessing at this point in time, rejection is probably likely? 

• Like 1

Maitaity
  • Applicant

At this point it is kind of a wash. They just accepted a group of people last week - for me, I went straight to A without going on a waitlist so it's possible you still get accepted if your index is >93. You can check your portal and if you see a status date change, your offer will come that afternoon. I wouldn't count on getting an A (I was surprised to get mine), but if people from last week decline by their June 9th deadline, they will presumably send out more offers. 

Haven't seen a lot of waitlists or rejections, so maybe they don't have a full class yet? Hard to say! I hear they are also pretty responsive if you call admissions, which might give you some clarity on your position. 

• Like 1