McGill University, Waitlisted 2023

soaprel

soaprel
  • Applicant

I thought I’d start this off since I’ve seen a few waitlist emails go out to people in the discord server. I wanted to get a waitlist thread started and ask a few questions to get some insight:

I was waitlisted June 13th as a CEGEP applicant, and in reviewing the admissions data someone compiled on the forum I came to the conclusion that it’s extremely uncommon to be waitlisted as a CEGEP applicant. Does anyone have any insight as to why that is or how it may affect my chances considering the fact that the waitlist is not ranked? Additionally, does anyone who was previously waitlisted or waitlisted and accepted have any advice on what to include in a strong LOCI? Good luck to everyone still waiting and all who have been waitlisted! Thanks:)

On 6/15/2023 at 11:33 AM, soaprel said:

I thought I’d start this off since I’ve seen a few waitlist emails go out to people in the discord server. I wanted to get a waitlist thread started and ask a few questions to get some insight:

I was waitlisted June 13th as a CEGEP applicant, and in reviewing the admissions data someone compiled on the forum I came to the conclusion that it’s extremely uncommon to be waitlisted as a CEGEP applicant. Does anyone have any insight as to why that is or how it may affect my chances considering the fact that the waitlist is not ranked? Additionally, does anyone who was previously waitlisted or waitlisted and accepted have any advice on what to include in a strong LOCI? Good luck to everyone still waiting and all who have been waitlisted! Thanks:)

Where did you see the other waitlisted applicants?

soaprel
  • Applicant
23 hours ago, SwanQueen said:

Where did you see the other waitlisted applicants?

In the McGill thread of the Canadian law school discord server, although all the waitlists I saw there were university applicants

Edited by soaprel

On 6/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, soaprel said:

In the McGill thread of the Canadian law school discord server, although all the waitlists I saw there were university applicants

I had found it yesterday, made an account, and unable to sign back in because every time I click the "official discord" link at the top of this site, it brings me to the sign up page, and when I enter my email and password, it tells me the account is already registered. All this to say: where can I find the log in page once registered? Thanks in advance!

soaprel
  • Applicant

Once you’ve created and logged into an account, there should be a little plus button on the bottom left side of your page that prompts you to either create a server or join one that already exists (this option is very low at the bottom) you want to click on join server and input this link https://discord.gg/canadian-law-forum-815069939437404182

Usually it works just by inputting the link in your browser but I’ve always had problems with it taking me back to the sign in page so the above instructions seem to work better.

Edited by soaprel
  • Like 1

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic