NCA Online learning

imtiazz
  • NCA Candidate

Hello all,

I have been admitted to UBC as an Online Learning at Allard, Unclassified Studies. For the first term starting September 2023, I took only one course, Law 505 - Canadian Public Law which should cover two courses(Constitution and Foundation) of the NCA requirements. Is this going to be a tough course in terms of reading and assignments etc.? I am working full-time as a Para-legal in AB. If anybody had been through this process while working full time, could you share your experience and hardships that I might be facing in the future?

• 6 months later...
HS20
  • NCA Candidate

Hello Imtiazz, 

Have you completed this course now? If so, can you please share your experience? Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
imtiazz
  • NCA Candidate

Hello HS20, Good day. Yes, I completed the course. I apologize for the delay in responding to you. I did not visit the forum for a long time. After completing the Constitutional Law, I took Admin Law for the Jan-Apr 2024 term, and I completed that, too.

The positive side was that the assignment submissions were due every Monday. So I could study on the weekends. But I had to give up all the weekends and evenings on more than one weekday to prepare for the study and assignments. The teacher was excellent and helpful. Answered questions within the next business days. While working full-time, this is doable. I am now thinking of taking two courses in the next term.