What now? Advice for re-applying.

Lawlawland

Hey! 

This is a super busy forum but I thought I’d add my two sense! From what I’ve heard from admissions officers, deans of admissions, and Law School Advisors, there can SOMETIMES be a downside to taking the LSAT too many times. 1. Taking the LSAT once and then again, and getting a lower score the second time isn’t a good thing. A downward trend indicates that maybe your first score was a fluke. 2. I was told by an admissions officer at a panel that while it might not impact your application having more than one write explicitly, if they had two candidates with very similar stats, life experiences etc, they may consider taking the applicant that had a higher LSAT in one write versus two. 

With all that being said however, I would re-take the LSAT to increase your competitiveness, especially considering you scored a 158 after scoring that 163. But ! Only if you think you can do better. If you can’t, focus on other portions of your application, because I do believe multiple writes, and a downward trend, will harm your application holistically.

This is only from my very limited experience in applying this year but it seems to be pretty consistent advice from everyone I’ve talked to! 

Goodluck! 

3 hours ago, K_8972 said:

Hey! 

This is a super busy forum but I thought I’d add my two sense! From what I’ve heard from admissions officers, deans of admissions, and Law School Advisors, there can SOMETIMES be a downside to taking the LSAT too many times. 1. Taking the LSAT once and then again, and getting a lower score the second time isn’t a good thing. A downward trend indicates that maybe your first score was a fluke. 2. I was told by an admissions officer at a panel that while it might not impact your application having more than one write explicitly, if they had two candidates with very similar stats, life experiences etc, they may consider taking the applicant that had a higher LSAT in one write versus two. 

With all that being said however, I would re-take the LSAT to increase your competitiveness, especially considering you scored a 158 after scoring that 163. But ! Only if you think you can do better. If you can’t, focus on other portions of your application, because I do believe multiple writes, and a downward trend, will harm your application holistically.

This is only from my very limited experience in applying this year but it seems to be pretty consistent advice from everyone I’ve talked to! 

Goodluck! 

I have to disagree with you.

• Like 2

Telephantasm
14 hours ago, K_8972 said:

This is a super busy forum but I thought I’d add my two sense.

It's two cents.