Chance

Mars12

Whist
  • Law Student
8 hours ago, Gueniv said:

If you can't hack the LSAT then just go to the UK or Aus. I mean the LSAT is 10x more difficult than most areas of law anyway. But you'll likely have to pull yourself up by the boots when you get back.

The misuse of "pull yourself up by your boot(straps)" is funny here, because the meaning hinges on the fact you literally can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps because of your own bodyweight. 

• Like 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

This is far from the first time, on this forum or its predecessor, that a Canadian Bond/Cooley/Leicester/etc defender has cited Jeremy Diamond as some sort of ideal example of a "Canadian going abroad for law school" success story. And it won't be the last.

It's extremely telling, as well as funny, that their hero (out of literally any NCA lawyer they could pick) isn't anyone doing legendary advocacy on complex cases of real import before the SCC, making a real difference, fighting for civil liberties, speaking truth to power and effecting change. No, it's a borderline conman businessman who is a lawyer in only the most technical sense, who has constantly been in trouble with the Law Society, whose business was self-promotion and referrals (until the Law Society put a stop to that), and who is one of the most prominent living jokes in the Canadian legal field. Because despite an abysmal reputation in the industry and lack of legal talent, the one thing the guy does have going for him is that he's managed to make a lot of money off of his borderline or outright unethical and prohibited practices. And that's all that these "become a lawyer and get rich at all costs" NCA-runaround Canadians care about.

Then they act like the critics are jealous that we aren't the Canadian real life equivalent of Saul Goodman (because they can't comprehend that anyone would have different values). lol

Edited by CleanHands
  • Like 4
  • Nom! 1

5 hours ago, danny said:

As for Diamond, of course he's no legal icon but he's doing better than you, that's guaranteed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianrashid/2017/02/10/lawyer-uses-attention-for-national-expansion/?sh=2730df7d698d

You can prioritize whatever you want, but not everyone’s trying to make as much money as possible. Some lawyers want to be good at practice. Or to help people.

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

@Gueniv @danny @JosephK

I may have more posts than you, but I have fewer accounts!

I won't attribute this to dishonesty though; I'll just attribute it to you lacking the cognitive capacity to remember your passwords.

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

3 hours ago, Whist said:

The misuse of "pull yourself up by your boot(straps)" is funny here, because the meaning hinges on the fact you literally can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps because of your own bodyweight. 

In other words it's going to be difficult?

4 minutes ago, CleanHands said:

@Gueniv @danny @JosephK

I may have more posts than you, but I have fewer accounts!

I won't attribute this to dishonesty though; I'll just attribute it to you lacking the cognitive capacity to remember your passwords.

Lol. Seems you have lots of spare time to consider the issue. Not many friends? Hmmm, shocking.

Edited by JosephK

Renerik
  • Law Student

I'm just going to ban every new account trying to take swings while using a VPN. Toughen up and consolidate all your opinions on one account. 

While not a prosecutor anymore, "subhuman" might be a little harsh.

• Like 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
25 minutes ago, Renerik said:

While not a prosecutor anymore, "subhuman" might be a little harsh.

Clearly you haven't had these "people" as opposing counsel yet.

I didn't read through all the posts, so this may have been said before. Consider applying overseas. One of my best friends have grades and LSAT scores like yours and applied to three cycles in Canada and got no where. But every school he applied to in the UK accepted him. He is having a great time there and learning lots. He already secured a job for when he comes back and does his NCAAs and later articling (there are a lot of lawyers in Canada who did their degree overseas who are willing to help out others who are returning back to Canada). If law is something you are passionate about consider going overseas. If this is more of a make money thing there are a lot of other jobs to consider. 

• LOL 1

• Renerik locked this topic