NCA Extension Inquiry

coconutxoxo

coconutxoxo
  • NCA Candidate

Hello, 

I am writing NCA exams but as per the deadline provided by the NCA's I may not be able to complete it. Can I ask them for an extension? If so, on what grounds?  

Can't really see a reason not to ask for an extension if your only alternative is not getting it done. As for grounds, well, what are your grounds? Don't make something up, explain why you can't do it by the deadline.

coconutxoxo
  • NCA Candidate

Thanks for your response! My apologies, the better question is are extensions even an option?  As for grounds, I just received results of a fail and unfortunately registration for the exam is now closed for this year. I'm not sure when it'll be available in 2024 and I still have 2 results pending, and my final two exams booked this year. I only have till April 2024 to finish. I'm just worried that I may not finish in time. 

• 5 weeks later...
beepboop
  • Articling Student

They won’t allow an extension to register for exams once the deadline has passed and will tell you to register for the next available one, if they even get back to you. It’s unfortunate that they take so long to get marks back to candidates that by the time they do, and if you have to re-write, the deadline to register for the next available one has passed. The 2024 schedule is out and hopefully the exam you need to re-write is in January. PM me if you have any other questions!