If my university reports both percentage grade and letter grade GPAs on the transcript, which one is used by UBC?

OldManMills
  • Applicant

I sent admissions an email about this a couple of months ago. I did my undergraduate at Uvic and they provide both percentage and letter grades on the transcript. UBC Admissions confirmed that they will calculate the GPA using the percentage grade on my transcript. I think broadly whenever they have a percentage grade they will use that instead of the letter grade.  

• Like 1

Dghoul
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, OldManMills said:

I think broadly whenever they have a percentage grade they will use that instead of the letter grade.  

Sweet. That's what I got from Reddit as well.  I can't help but feel bad for those who don't have percentage grades on their transcript.