Accepted to UofC 2024

InfiniteChallenges

blackbird37
  • Applicant
On 12/14/2023 at 11:26 AM, 5abi said:

Congrats! thats super awesome to see.

When did you get all your stuff submitted for your application?

Thank you!! November 28!

• Like 1

JessicaPearson
  • Law School Admit

So happy and honored to have been accepted as uofc was my first choice! Received the offer on Wednesday, Dec 13th and I accepted + paid deposit today. 

Second time applicant. Applied General.

GPA 3.6

LSAT 161

Strong softs 

• Like 5

jellydonuts123
  • Applicant

Accepted today, submitted my application Nov 30

LSAT 161 / L2 3.84 

3+ years of full-time work experience

• Like 2

jessf
  • Law School Admit

Hooray! Got my email today! U of C is my only application so I'm going!

LSAT: 161

L2: 3.6, from my MBA (my undergrad is hella sad.)

10 years WE in midstream oil and gas, U of C Alumni, mature applicant, possibly indigenous? Was waiting until the new year to hear if my documents counted... no clue if they did.

• Like 2

5abi
  • Applicant
48 minutes ago, jessf said:

Hooray! Got my email today! U of C is my only application so I'm going!

LSAT: 161

L2: 3.6, from my MBA (my undergrad is hella sad.)

10 years WE in midstream oil and gas, U of C Alumni, mature applicant, possibly indigenous? Was waiting until the new year to hear if my documents counted... no clue if they did.

Super glad to hear. When was your app complete?

jessf
  • Law School Admit
56 minutes ago, 5abi said:

Super glad to hear. When was your app complete?

I want to say today...? Was waiting on my proof of indigenous documents to go through, maybe they did today? Otherwise I applied Nov 30th, my LSAT was accepted Dec 10th or something like that.

• Like 1

e4bu
  • Law School Admit

Accepted yesterday with an email indicating there was an update in my portal. 3.47 L2, 164 LSAT. I'm a four-time reapplicant (!!) with decent softs I'd say. Took last year off applying to work on improving my GPA a little while working full-time. My application went complete on December 14th.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1

5abi
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, e4bu said:

Accepted yesterday with an email indicating there was an update in my portal. 3.47 L2, 164 LSAT. I'm a four-time reapplicant (!!) with decent softs I'd say. Took last year off applying to work on improving my GPA a little while working full-time. My application went complete on December 14th.

Congrats!

When you say complete is that meaning accepted or when everything is complete for what they need?

legallyblondie
  • Applicant
24 minutes ago, 5abi said:

Congrats!

When you say complete is that meaning accepted or when everything is complete for what they need?

Good question - my application was submitted late Sept and says “your application was received”. I’m assuming that means it’s just a waiting game now? Did yours say that prior to acceptance. 

• Like 1

e4bu
  • Law School Admit
52 minutes ago, 5abi said:

Congrats!

26 minutes ago, legallyblondie said:

Good question - my application was submitted late Sept and says “your application was received”. I’m assuming that means it’s just a waiting game now? Did yours say that prior to acceptance. 

Complete as in they had all my documents and my To-Do list was empty. Prior to acceptance my file said "your application was received." Good luck!!!

• Like 1

5abi
  • Applicant
56 minutes ago, legallyblondie said:

I got the same and I had all docs in dec 6.

DaniellaW1
  • Applicant

Hiii,

I got my acceptance Dec 14th 

156 LSAT 

3.7 GPA overall

3.9 B2 

I have work experience and a lot of ECs

Super excited! 

• Like 3

legallyblondie
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, DaniellaW1 said:

Hiii,

I got my acceptance Dec 14th 

156 LSAT 

3.7 GPA overall

3.9 B2 

I have work experience and a lot of ECs

Super excited! 

Omg congrats!!! 

I’m 155, 3.86 cgpa and 3.98 last 2. And very relevant softs…

Really hoping I get in (soon). 

• 3 weeks later...
lawblawz
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today by portal status change! No email yet. Will be accepting as it is my top choice.

Stats: LSAT 165 - L2GPA 3.84 - cGPA 3.73

Fourth year student at UCalgary graduating this semester

• Hugs 1

not
  • Applicant

Accepted today - received email on portal status change. Will probably be accepting if I don't get anything from UBC or UVic.

LSAT: 164

L2: 3.88 

• Hugs 1

YikesThatsNotGood
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today - will be accepting 

LSAT: 164 

L2: 3.66 

• Hugs 1

warraeli
  • Law School Admit

Got the update in application portal yesterday. 3.55 L20 and 170LSAT

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

serenityx
  • Law School Admit

Admitted today. Waiting on a response from Ualberta before accepting.

lsat 161, L2 GPA 3.9 

• Like 2

whaleylaw
  • Applicant
On 12/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, e4bu said:

Congratulations!!! That's amazing. Did you have your undergrad completed when you applied previously?

e4bu
  • Law School Admit
10 hours ago, whaleylaw said:

Congratulations!!! That's amazing. Did you have your undergrad completed when you applied previously?

The first time I submitted I was in my final year of my undergrad and had not yet written my LSAT (looking back if I could do it again I wouldn't have applied until I had completed my degree and had completed my LSAT so I would have known I was going to need to retake it and could have saved the application fee that year). The second time I applied I had completed my degree and had rewritten my LSAT once I think. The third time I applied I had rewritten my LSAT two more times (lol). I took a year off of applying, went back to school to complete a fifth year to improve my GPA a little, and then applied a fourth time.

dennis1
  • Applicant

Accepted January 12th. 163 LSAT and ~3.7 GPA with strong personal statement and ECs. GPA is approximated as one of the four semesters they counted I did poorly due to extenuating circumstances but provided qualifying info in my personal statement and the "more info" section. Will likely be accepting!

• Like 1

legallyahhh
  • Applicant

Accepted January 12th

162, 3.95 GPA and 4th year undergrad from UCalgary!

So excited! Not entirely sure where I'll be going yet, but grateful nonetheless!

• Like 2

hopehopehope
  • Applicant

Accepted today! 3.9/4.3 cCPA and 166 LSAT. Very grateful and good luck to all applicants!

• Like 2

Jj98
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning! 

166 LSAT (1 take), 3.34 L2, 3.1 cGPA. 

3+ years of work experience (research assistant and other odd jobs). I think my statement was really strong.

Here's hope for all the splitters lol!!

• Like 3