What law school has access or proximity to the best workout facilities/gym(s)?

MyWifesBoyfriend

LawNewbie
  • Law Student
On 12/1/2023 at 6:17 PM, Naj said:

If you're studying efficiently and managing your time half decently (and you'll figure out how to do that fairly quickly during the first few weeks of 1L) you'll have all the time in the world to do whatever the fuck you want. It's not any more deeper or complicated than that.

Just to illustrate: a friend in my program takes care of his family (2 young kids), and runs a business. He consistently gets the highest marks on assignments and still finds time to come out for some good ol' fash shisha on the weekends.

I guess you are talking about me. I am raising a child and running multiple businesses across the Pacific Ocean while going to law school.

My apologies for making your previous responses over-cynical, if that was because I didn't make my point explicit enough—I thought law schools should have taught students to avoid thinking in an over-simplistic way and rushing to a judgment, because there are always issues hidden, and all we see is just a tip of an iceberg...

Edited by LawNewbie

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

I don't really understand the suggestion that it's not practical to have 30 hours set aside for non-law school activities per week. 

Putting aside the exam period – where you probably need to buckle down and do some work – law school really shouldn't take up more time than a full-time job (i.e., 40 hours per week). That leaves you with ~72 hours of free time for most of the semester. 

• Like 2

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer
On 12/9/2023 at 10:17 PM, LawNewbie said:

I thought law schools should have taught students

Well there's your first mistake.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1