Accepted to Bora Laskin 2024

Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Please limit posts to acceptances and stats. Short, relevant, clarification questions allowed. All other posts will be removed.

Applicant74212
  • Applicant

Accepted February 21st

cgpa: approx. 3.3 

L2: approx 3.6

LSAT: 150 (September 2023) 

strong references, written statement, and lots of work/volunteer experience throughout undergrad.  

Rejected from one program and haven't heard anything from the remaining programs I have applied to but I am excited to go to Lakehead as it looks like a great school!

Does anyone know if the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law is highly regarded in the legal community? I haven't heard too much about the faculty just the program itself. 

• Like 3

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad
1 hour ago, Applicant74212 said:

Accepted February 21st

cgpa: approx. 3.3 

L2: approx 3.6

LSAT: 150 (September 2023) 

strong references, written statement, and lots of work/volunteer experience throughout undergrad.  

Rejected from one program and haven't heard anything from the remaining programs I have applied to but I am excited to go to Lakehead as it looks like a great school!

Does anyone know if the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law is highly regarded in the legal community? I haven't heard too much about the faculty just the program itself. 

Amazing congratulations!! Did they call you?

• Like 1

Applicant74212
  • Applicant
9 minutes ago, Legallyanxious said:

Amazing congratulations!! Did they call you?

Yes they did! I missed the initial call at work and had to call back but I got an email a few hours after I called back. Do some people not receive calls (I'm curious)?

Edited by Applicant74212
  • Like 1

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad
43 minutes ago, Applicant74212 said:

Yes they did! I missed the initial call at work and had to call back but I got an email a few hours after I called back. Do some people not receive calls (I'm curious)?

I wonder how many spots they have left, we have very similar stats and softs and I haven't heard back yet...

Applicant74212
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Legallyanxious said:

I wonder how many spots they have left, we have very similar stats and softs and I haven't heard back yet...

I wouldn't stress just yet (i know that's easier said than done) because aside from initial offers theirs also a second stream after April 1st depending on responses. I do know however that they accept around 60 students a year and if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? 

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad
59 minutes ago, Applicant74212 said:

I wouldn't stress just yet (i know that's easier said than done) because aside from initial offers theirs also a second stream after April 1st depending on responses. I do know however that they accept around 60 students a year and if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? 

3.5 CGPA, 150 LSAT, applied access

• 2 weeks later...
johnlawschool
  • Applicant

I got the call yesterday! general category, 3.56 CGPA, 147 LSAT

• Like 2

Applicant74212
  • Applicant

There is a face book group for the class of 2027 - for those who have accepted their offers (it asks you if you have accepted) 

Edited by Applicant74212

Dreamygirl6247
  • Applicant

Accepted end of February 

lsat 151

gpa 3.2

will be accepting

Supkay
  • Lawyer
On 3/14/2024 at 11:21 PM, Applicant74212 said:

There is a face book group for the class of 2027 - for those who have accepted their offers (it asks you if you have accepted) 

Cant find it.  Link please?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
valentinethelawyer
  • Applicant

does anyone know when the next round of answers go out?

• Like 1