Promotion to partner

Alwaysblue

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
5 minutes ago, Cool_name said:

If the motivation is not sharing information because they get nothing out of it, then what are they doing on a form entirely devoted to offer advice for absolutely nothing in return?

There's plenty of information to be shared that: (i) isn't confidential; and (ii) is useful to people, rather than simply being a curio for those not working at top firms 🙂

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

I’m not gonna share pictures of my dick for nothing on the forum either, and that’s about as useful (probably more tbh) than knowing what the top firms have as equity partner buy-ins. I’ll still share broader mentorship and help because it’s something I do naturally anyway. Talking shop about buy-ins is not that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

JackoMcSnacko
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, Cool_name said:

Okay, but “If they know the general amount for their firm and others they could provide a ball park which could easily be sufficiently vague.”

Not sure why you selectively excluded that part from your block quote.

If the concern is confidentiality, it could resolved by being vague. 

If the motivation is not sharing information because they get nothing out of it, then what are they doing on a form entirely devoted to offer advice for absolutely nothing in return? 

The upside is minimal (and I argued that it's not a real upside due to this type of information frequently being taken out of context) and the downside is huge.  Being vague can lessen the possibility of the downside, but it's still there, in addition to the diminished upside for being vague.  I mentioned NDAs earlier not because it's the reason, but to illustrate a possible downside that I think we can agree nobody wants to incur for little gain, especially given we are all risk adverse. 

That last sentence is also such a bizarre take.  Really hope charitable acts and the cost benefit of such acts is something you can work through yourself. 

• Like 1

Renerik
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Rashabon said:

I’m not gonna share pictures of my dick for nothing on the forum either

Saucy Forum Regulars pictures are included as perks in the 25$ supporter tier. Please consider subscribing to keep the community free from outside sponsor influence!

• Like 1
  • Nom! 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, Rashabon said:

I’m not gonna share pictures of my dick for nothing on the forum either

Bruh, what do you think I've logged into this forum practically every day for two and a half years for?

• Like 1

Big Pecker
  • Lawyer
21 minutes ago, Mountebank said:

At my firm, buy-in is $1million.

you must be at Morgans